• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

First full squad workout - time for siickk lineups!

Chris

what does that have to do with Trout swinging?

I suggested putting Calhoun behind Trout, my top 4 lineup looks like this.

Joyce

Trout

Calhoun

Pujols

Then someone mentioned Calhoun shouldnt hit behind Trout because then Trout would walk too much.  My response to that, is Calhoun is a much better hitter with runners on base than with runners off, which means batting him leadoff is idiotic.  And it also means that Trout wouldnt be walking as much, as pitchers would rather face Calhoun with the bases empty.  

Edited by QuinlansMinion

Joyce

Trout

Calhoun

Pujols

Then someone mentioned Calhoun shouldnt hit behind Trout because then Trout would walk too much. My response to that, is Calhoun is a much better hitter with runners on base than with runners off, which means batting him leadoff is idiotic. And it also means that Trout wouldnt be walking as much, as pitchers would rather face Calhoun with the bases empty.

Calhoun may develop into a 3 or 4 bat down the road ... but not now. How about batting 5th ... would that work for you? Plenty of RBI's opportunities in that spot. Edited by Troll Daddy

Calhoun may develop into a 3 or 4 bat down the road ... but not now. How about batting 5th ... would that work for you? Plenty of RBI's opportunities in that spot.

Maybe.  That might work actually.  I really just want our lineup to actually make sense, not these retarded lineups that Scioscia trots out there year after year.  Calhoun is a good hitter who relies more on his slugging than his eye for getting on base.  Batting him leadoff is absolutely stupid.  And like I said, the numbers suggest he is extremely dangerous when a runner is on base.  But I still like the idea of Trout batting 2nd, he needs as many ab's as possible and we have guys with good OBP that can bat ahead of him.

Joyce

Trout

Pujols

Calhoun

Freese

Aybar

Green

Ianetta

Didnt know who to put behind Pujols here, Freese as a cleanup hitter in 2015 sounds like a team bound for last place.  

I can tell you guys that Scioscia is not going to put anyone but Pujols directly behind Trout. He's afraid of Trout getting walked too much.

Did you see what happened in the last 2 months of 2013?

Walking the best baserunner in baseball. 

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=y&type=8&season=2014&month=0&season1=2012&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&sort=18,d

How the hell is that a bad thing? 

Edited by Poozy

I can tell you guys that Scioscia is not going to put anyone but Pujols directly behind Trout. He's afraid of Trout getting walked too much.

Did you see what happened in the last 2 months of 2013?

Trout had one of the best seasons in the history of the game, and the best in Angels history?

I didn't see the problem

Joyce

Trout

Calhoun

Pujols

Then someone mentioned Calhoun shouldnt hit behind Trout because then Trout would walk too much.  My response to that, is Calhoun is a much better hitter with runners on base than with runners off, which means batting him leadoff is idiotic.  And it also means that Trout wouldnt be walking as much, as pitchers would rather face Calhoun with the bases empty.

damn, sorry about that.

for some reason i was thinking you had said to bat Calhoun in front of Trout.

if you will excuse me, i must now go inform my family that i have brought shame upon them

Trout had one of the best seasons in the history of the game, and the best in Angels history?

I didn't see the problem

I think Jeff's point was that in the last 2 months of the 2013 season, Trout was walked 54 times in 231 PAs.

Before Aug 1st, he was walked 56 times in 417 PAs

That's the problem

I think Jeff's point was that in the last 2 months of the 2013 season, Trout was walked 54 times in 231 PAs.

Before Aug 1st, he was walked 56 times in 417 PAs

That's the problem

Trout had a 1.031ops during that time and the team averaged slightly more rpg.  

If pujols is directly behind Trout vs. having one additional guy in between, I don't think the effect is all that great.  

The Angels suffered their worst month of the season in July only scoring 95 runs and winning only 9 games. Without Pujols in the lineup and Trout in the #3 spot they accelerated back up to 111 runs scored in August and 134 runs in September. Pujols foot was definitly dragging the Angels offense down but it returned to season norms once he was removed from the lineup. The Angels had their best month in September going 16-12.

I am having a hard time seeing how Trouts walks were a problem since they were keeping pace with strikeouts and buffering his reduction in slugging percentage. Some of which could be attributed to a long season and Mike not getting a day off since mid July.

I just think Trouts bat is a much more dangerous weapon than his legs. Given the choice between him being a table setter or a run producer, I think the Angels prefer the latter.

The reason Scioscia likes him second is because he can be both.

The guy did drive in and score 100 runs, which is hard to do. It's hard to say that No 2 isnt a good spot for him other than "but the best hitter hits 3rd!"