• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ISIS delenda est

Depends on how the questions are posed. All we got was that they were poll questions, meaning there was no discussion, chance to ask questions, or really know anything other then yes or no.

With how messed up our media is, I can see a question like, "Do you support the bombings in Agrabah?" and them running with the story they did.

If anything, I'm more surprised the numbers weren't higher with how dumb people are when it comes to voting or what they for. You can make up a bunch of random made up political questions and there is going to be a good portion that are just clueless.

that is a fair point.

It is not hard to understand why the US overwhelmingly supports continued action in the middle east when you look at that poll.

Sucks that 7 years ago I voted against McCain because of his warmongering views and nothing has changed since then.

Don't beat yourself up.  It was a different time.  You were younger, more idealistic ... probably didn't even own a gun then.  

It's time to forgive yourself. 

It is not hard to understand why the US overwhelmingly supports continued action in the middle east when you look at that poll.

Sucks that 7 years ago I voted against McCain because of his warmongering views and nothing has changed since then.

isis has a lot to do with that though. 2 years ago i saw posts on facebook saying how al qaeda rolled back into fallujah (my generation). Nobody here really seemed to care (unless you were there or lost people there). AQI turned into isis and still nobody really cared. Then they started their social media blitzkrieg of beheadings, burning people alive etc and that changed thinks here i think. Now you have paris, san bernardino etc and people see isis as a threat to us, not an "over there" problem

• 3 weeks later...

We routinely get fliers at work to look out for people based on warrants or threats. This week we got one about a guy in our city who just came home from syria. Made statements that americans are "filthy and need to die". Said he was going to kill his family.

He was 5150'd, but that only lasts so long. This isnt going away any time soon...

• 3 weeks later...

Things not going well for the Islamic State Army.

"In Raqqa, the group's stronghold in Syria, salaries have been halved since December, electricity is rationed, and prices for basics are spiraling out of reach... the group has stopped providing even the smaller perks: free energy drinks and Snickers bars."

No snacks! This is cruel and I think America should support them like squatters in an Idaho Bird Sanctuary and start sending them boxes of dicks to pass the time. 

http://www.chron.com/news/world/article/IS-faces-budget-crunch-killing-perks-and-6833336.php

Thats gonna be the only way they really lose, if they fall out of favor with the locals. Same as when they were AQI. The average joe sunni has to start seeing through their bullshit.

The problem still lies in the shia being just as brutal. The only solution is to somehow seperate them, but i dont see it being possible when both sides think of the same sites as holy, and "theirs"

To a point. You have to remember, they took over with little trouble in a lot of areas. The reason that was is because the iraqi govt, and shia militias have been pretty brutal to the sunnis as well. They just dont film it and put it on social media

A lot of sunnis see them as protectors from the shia. Going back to when we were in iraq, by mid 2004, then full bore in 2005, we were more of a sideshow. The real war, so to speak, was the shia vs sunni. Thats why its become theater wide, not simply an iraq or a syrian thing.

Whole place is a mess

As sad and as digusting as that is, the only "positive" (for lack of a better term) is that it, and events like it, will finally turn the people off from them as happened in the sunni awakening in anbar.AQI did itself in by becoming too brutal for the locas,who in turn turned on them. Hopefully that will happen again