• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Introvert Thread

Taylor

1 hour ago, Angels Never Die said:

For me, it's all about taking purposeful alone time and communicating that to others, even if you're scared they'll react badly. Make time for yourself and be real with other people about your needs (it's likely they won't react negatively.) I'm very introverted, and I've gotten better at socializing and putting on a happy face, but it wipes me out so fast. I've had social anxiety, depression, and I've dealt with some agoraphobia (I'm mostly over it now,) so I've really had to find a system in my life that allows for me to conserve my energy better. 

I would think that as you became more comfortable with yourself and the people around you a lot of the anxiety decreases, and with it social interactions become a little less expensive.

3 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I would think that as you became more comfortable with yourself and the people around you a lot of the anxiety decreases, and with it social interactions become a little less expensive.

Like I said, there's some truth to that. When you feel more comfortable making small talk it's less draining. But even in situations where I know everybody and have very little social anxiety, I still find myself feeling tired afterward.

7 minutes ago, Φαήλος said:

I’m introverted too, btw. It really has nothing to do with confidence.

It's not the only factor. There is inherent introversion, but I'll stand by the idea that extroverts are gaining energy from positive social interactions while introverts are spending energy on the risk of negative social interactions. Confidence is only one aspect of that calculation.

2 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

More so the anxiety lessening than the energy depletion. My whole life I've felt like I have a finite amount of energy per day, and if I go over it, I'll pay for it later. This is how it's always been for me, good or bad, it all takes something out of me. So I've gone the route of trying to use my energy more efficiently by creating "systems" that make my self care require less energy.

17 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

It's not the only factor. There is inherent introversion, but I'll stand by the idea that extroverts are gaining energy from positive social interactions while introverts are spending energy on the risk of negative social interactions. Confidence is only one aspect of that calculation.

I gain a lot of energy while I’m with friends, but I’m exhausted afterwords. It’s almost like work to me, and I’d much rather stay home and watch a TV show or take a nap.

13 hours ago, Φαήλος said:

I gain a lot of energy while I’m with friends, but I’m exhausted afterwords. It’s almost like work to me, and I’d much rather stay home and watch a TV show or take a nap.

You have to purposely make time to recharge. It can be just as important as socializing.