• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bring back Haren for a year?

floplag

Maybe I'm the only one that this doesn't make sense to. But why would the Marlins take on CJ and his salary for Haren? Haren "retires" and walks from the $10M so the Marlins don't have to pay a dime of it. If they trade Haren for CJ, now they have to pay $38M over 2 years? That would be a stupid business decision by a team that is all about not spending money.

Marlins already don't have to pay the million. Dodgers are on the hook. 

Also, it is my understanding that Dodgers are NOT on the hook for the $10M. Marlins are only off the hook if Haren walks from his contract. So again, I ask, why would they trade for CJ's $38M contract owed when they could trade or sign someone else of his caliber for less money?

Also, it is my understanding that Dodgers are NOT on the hook for the $10M. Marlins are only off the hook if Haren walks from his contract. So again, I ask, why would they trade for CJ's $38M contract owed when they could trade or sign someone else of his caliber for less money?

This is from MLB traderumors

"Whether or not Haren retires, the Dodgers will still send $10MM to Miami as part of the trade, Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reports"