• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bring back Haren for a year?

floplag

How does it work with Haren's contract? I believe the Dodgers included $10m in the trade to the Marlins. If you're the Marlins, wouldn't you rather he retired and just kept the money instead of giving that $10m to someone else to effectively buy a backup outfielder?

I think Haren ends up with the Padres. But if we could get him for league minimum and a backup outfielder, sure, I'd do it.

His ERA last year was 4.02.

true, but it was in the NL. All comps aside, he was getting destroyed when he was still here, and the was 2 years ago...cant imagine that back is getting better with age.

The dogs are paying him to leave...the marlins dont even care if he honors his contract....i always liked him a lot, but to me he doesnt scream roster spot.

I will say though that if we dont have to pay him anything, and miami would take a nobody depth guy in aaa we dont need, it might be worth if for insirance and dfa him if richards is healthy at the end of spring.

You are still counting on 3 guys in that rotation who have not ever had MLB success as a starter. For the long run I love that rotation. Like I said, if Haren's cost is THAT minimal I think he is a wise insurance spot.

Rasmus was awfully good inter majors last year. Heaney is the top LHP prospect in the world who just dominated the high minors, if you can't trust him, who can you? Tropeano was the best SP in the most hitter friendly environment on Earth.

I trust all three of them over Haren, without hesitation. Chances are, only one or two will see extended time in the rotation next year.

How does it work with Haren's contract? I believe the Dodgers included $10m in the trade to the Marlins. If you're the Marlins, wouldn't you rather he retired and just kept the money instead of giving that $10m to someone else to effectively buy a backup outfielder?

I think Haren ends up with the Padres. But if we could get him for league minimum and a backup outfielder, sure, I'd do it.

I believe if Haren retires Dodgers actually save that 10 million. I agree, a deal to the Padres seems most likely. 

CJ's personal catcher Conger is gone now.

Is this any sign for CJ trade will happen soon?

He is physically healthy but mentary really complicated man.

Weaver and Haren are good friends.

I liked Ida of get Haren and sign lefty Max.

Iannetta actually caught him more this year and he was significantly better with Chris behind the plate.

Because the Marlins don't want CJ with his current contract and pitching problems.

It was suggested on Twitter that a CJ for Haren is a possible match and I could see it if the Angels don't have to eat a ton of money. If we moved CJ would could sign Max and still have flexibility before we hit the tax. Throw Haren in the BP.

Because the Marlins don't want CJ with his current contract and pitching problems.

if faced with the choice of something or nothing, im pretty sure they would choose something, plus they need OF help as they have no depth... so it wont likely be a straight up swap

If you must trade Wilson, this might be your only chance though im not wild on it as much as some.

part of the reason i would do this is more depth to start the year to give the kids time.. im not looking to deal CJ in this but it is a reasonable option if the org truly believes he doesn't have much left

If Haren is only costing minimum wage then why do you care if they bring him to camp?

Rasmus was awfully good inter majors last year. Heaney is the top LHP prospect in the world who just dominated the high minors, if you can't trust him, who can you? Tropeano was the best SP in the most hitter friendly environment on Earth.

I trust all three of them over Haren, without hesitation. Chances are, only one or two will see extended time in the rotation next year.

Edited by stormngt

Maybe I'm the only one that this doesn't make sense to. But why would the Marlins take on CJ and his salary for Haren? Haren "retires" and walks from the $10M so the Marlins don't have to pay a dime of it. If they trade Haren for CJ, now they have to pay $38M over 2 years? That would be a stupid business decision by a team that is all about not spending money.

Maybe I'm the only one that this doesn't make sense to. But why would the Marlins take on CJ and his salary for Haren? Haren "retires" and walks from the $10M so the Marlins don't have to

pay a dime of it. If they trade Haren for CJ, now they have to pay $38M over 2 years? That would be a stupid business decision by a team that is all about not spending money.

Because the Marlins want to compete this year.

Let's pretend Richards isn't back in April, Wilson dice bombs completely and Santiago is moved to the pen in a set up and lefty role.

The Angels rotation would still be Weaver, Shoemaker, Heaney, Tropeano and Rasmus, who are all better than Dan Haren at this point.

Basically, the worst possible outcome of every situation would need to arise in order for Haren to even be the 6th man in the rotation.

i thought richards wasn't due back until june/july. has his timetable changed?