• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is the team better, or worse, than at seasons end? and why?

floplag

Is the team better, or worse, then seasons end? and why?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Is the team better, or worse, then seasons end? and why?

• Better
    • Worse
    • About the same

I would say significantly better, but there are a lot of young guys that need to just go out there and prove it, (Heaney, Tropeano, Rutledge) and others to prove they are the real deal, (Richards, Shoemaker, Calhoun, Morin)

Also anyone have any feedback on these trade ideas?:

Angels send Wilson (+12mil) & Alcantara to AZ
AZ send Lamb(3B) to Angels

Angels send Freese & Ellis to SF
SF send Susac© to Angels

Too much or too little? I figured to try and "sweeten" the deal for the other team since both players we could receive are young guys with good upside. I understand both would need to be simultaneously so we don't end up without a 3B. 

The first trade isn't too bad. I don't see anyone giving up one of their top 5 prospects for CJ Wilson though, even Dave Stewart. The Angels would also have to pay more than 12 million to dump Wilson. Realistically at least 18 million.

I suppose the 2nd trade is fair if the Giants are desperate enough for a 3rd baseman. Susac is a really good prospect though. Tough to see them parting with him for that package.

Not terrible ideas though. The problem is the Angels would then need to find someone to replace Wilson.

Wilson is more liable than the last three guys on your list. I thought the idea was to get better?

Heaney and Tropicana aren't up grades just yet.

The last three guys on the list are all better than the CJ Wilson we saw last year. Now I am with you that the Wilson we see this year will probably be better than last year, but that doesn't mean getting rid of him is a bad thing. If freeing up his money allows us to upgrade in other areas, then yes we can be better.

The last three guys on the list are all better than the CJ Wilson we saw last year. Now I am with you that the Wilson we see this year will probably be better than last year, but that doesn't mean getting rid of him is a bad thing. If freeing up his money allows us to upgrade in other areas, then yes we can be better.

You cute ... nice try. I'll give you Santiago but Wilson was a 13 game winner.

This may surprise some of you but I think the team is worse right now than they were at the end of last year. At the end of last year we had a proven 2nd baseman that was really good, good enough that we put him in the clean up spot and he did very well hitting there. We also had a lights out (even though it was tough to count on him) 7th inning guy in Jepsen. You can say what you want about Jepsen's career, but last year he got the job DONE.

All that being said, this team is deeper, has more options, and has more pitching depth than they have had at any time in the last several years. I still hope we can move CJ and free up some cash to give us even more options going forward.

Grinch :)

I think i already said this but, is the team better? No, i dont think it is. And were gonna miss howie a lot more than people think IMO. The pitching 'should' be improved, but theres still question marks.

But theres no doubt the overall franchise is better.and thats more important. We have done a phenom job over the last several weeks solidifying (in theory) our biggest weakness. And its set for a while now.

AJ said it best, we may have lowered the ceiling, but weve raised the floor