• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A's Trade Moss To Indians

nando714

With power in such short supply, it is somewhat surprising they would trade their three biggest power threats over the course of six months. Couple that with the loss of Lester and Hammel, and possibly the loss of Shark/Kazmir, and they could really suck next year (especially considering that, even with all those guys, they sucked the second half of this year).

With power in such short supply, it is somewhat surprising they would trade their three biggest power threats over the course of six months. Couple that with the loss of Lester and Hammel, and possibly the loss of Shark/Kazmir, and they could really suck next year (especially considering that, even with all those guys, they sucked the second half of this year).

I think you've hit the nail on the head actually.  

They went big and used their chips to obtain some talent that is considered well known yet it really didn't get them anywhere.  It also put expectations on them.

I don't think they are going to totally suck because their pitching will be very good still, and I think you are going to see an offense that performs about the same with ike davis and billy butler types as well as a few other retreads.  

I think beane also has some PTSD from what happened last year and he's gonna start fresh with low expectations.  I would guess they are going to trade shark and kaz and just about anyone else they can by the ASB.

Moss's hip injury may have played a factor into things and may have impacted his horrible second half slide last year (.548 OPS second half).   When it was all said and done Moss had a torn hip labrum and underwent surgery to repair the condition this off-season.   

I don't think the Angels should concern themselves with what the A's are doing and making in moves in that regard. Just stay focused on what the Angels need to do to be more competitive in a division where the Mariners, Astros and Rangers will show improvement making it a tougher division to score wins against.