• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Turkey

This is my favorite recipe for turkey (from Tom Woods wife)

http://primalcooks.blogspot.com/2012/11/easy-perfect-turkey-with-photos.html

Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper
Thyme
Rosemary
Oranges
Yellow onion

Slice the oranges into fourth wedges per orange. Onions should be halved, and then cut into four wedges each half. Rosemary and Thyme (as well as other dried herbs) should *always* be ground before seasoning your dish. Grounding herbs releases oils which makes your dishes that much  more aromatic and tasty! I use a mortar pestle, because it's awesome! But you can also just roll the herbs between your fingers to release the oils. Wash the bird. And DRY it with paper towels. I had always heard this, but thought it was goofy, so I never dried it. Turns out, if you don't dry it, it won't brown correctly. And half the battle of a turkey is a great, golden color!

Hold the bird up so that you can easily season the inside of the turkey. Throw in some salt (don't be stingy--the juices will wash away a lot of the salt), pepper, and the herbs. Then squeeze a couple of orange wedges into the bird, then throw the whole thing into the turkey. Alternate between stuffing onion and orange wedges (squeezing the juice out first...all over the bird, inside and out) into the cavity. Then pour 2-3 tablespoon olive oil into/over the produce. This helps to... actually, I have no idea, but it makes the onions smell amazing when they are baking!

Now for the outside of the turkey:
Pour olive oil over turkey and rub it in.
Salt it well, but don't go crazy. I have used sea salt before, and it doesn't work... much too salty.
Pepper
And then throw the rest of the herb mix all over the turkey, making sure you get under the wings and drumsticks.

Stick it in the oven. All ovens vary, so this is a difficult call. I had to use 350 at my old house. I tried 350 in this oven, but it was too hot. Most likely your oven will need to be anywhere between 325 and 350.

(the rest is at the link)

She advises a fresh bird no larger than 13 lbs but I've tried it with a frozen turkey and it still came out very good.

I shot a wild turkey (bow) last year and it was the best tasting turkey I've had.

I am going to smoke our turkey again this year. Homemade rub on the outside, stuffed with Rosemary, Thyme, Onion, Apples and Oranges. Low and slow at 250-280 degrees for 4-5 hours.

I get to sit outside, drink some beer and play guitar. Not a bad way to spend the day.

We had a smoked turkey a few years back and it was the best, even better than fried.  We picked the bones.  

Edited by 1nutkruk