• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Guess who started the Royals' turnaround this year?

fan_since79

Raul+Ibanez+nf3GbqhCb4Ym.jpg

Yep. On the afternoon of July 22nd. The team was 48-50 and eight games back in the AL Central. Raul called a players-only team meeting.

"I just gave my honest observations,'' says Ibanez, who joined the team only three weeks earlier after being released by the Los Angeles Angels, "and told them about the potential and talent they had. The talent here is so incredible. They just need to believe that.

"So I told them that looking in from the outside, every team hated to play them. Everyone saw the talent they had. This was their opportunity. They were on the cusp of greatness. I just thought they needed a belief.''

The Royals won 16 of their next 19 games and 31 of 44 to catch the Tigers in early September.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2014/09/08/raul-ibanez-impact-on-royals-clubhouse/15314435/

We need our manager to stop overmanaging.

And when it really came time to bunt with Cowgill on second and nobody out in the 8th inning of Game 2, he doesn't.

Thats because Ianetta doesnt know how to bunt.

Your response:  Why didnt he put somebody in there who could?  And why didnt he put Campana on the roster?

My response:  Because Scioscia is an idiot.

Edited by QuinlansMinion

Thats because Ianetta doesnt know how to bunt.

Your response:  Why didnt he put somebody in there who could?  And why didnt he put Campana on the roster?

My response:  Because Scioscia is an idiot.

Yep, he could have brought Conger in, but Iannetta is oh-so-ever-slightly better at throwing out runners.

It's the 8th inning and you have a chance to put a runner on third with one out. Score there, Street closes it, and you're even in the series.

Edited by fan_since79

Jesus Christ guys if you want to repeat yourselves go and reopen those threads, don't litter more threads, with the bunting or not bunting and the Scioscia is an idiot crap.

4realz

This team lost because of offense and their great D.

One play doesn't lose three games.

jarrod-dyson-reving-it-up.gif?w=295&h=23You should check and see of all the teams that eliminate the Angels - which ones win the whole thing. The title runs thru OC

OK. I'll play.

1979 Orioles lost the World Series.

1982 Brewers lost the World Series.

1986 Red Sox lost the World Series.

1995 Mariners lost the ALCS.

2004 Red Sox won the WS.

2005 White Sox won the WS.

2007 Red Sox won the WS.

2008 Red Sox lost the ALCS.

2009 Yankees won the WS.

2014 Royals?

So, including Game 163 of 1995, the teams who have eliminated the Angels have won the World Series 4x out of 9.

That's 44.4%.

I will play this game.

under Scioscia the team that beats the Angels has made to the world series 5 of 6 times about 85%. They have won the WS 4 of 5 times or 80% of the time. TBA if it's 5 of 6.

OK. I'll play.

2004 Red Sox won the WS.

2007 Red Sox won the WS.

2009 Yankees won the WS.

2014 Royals?

So, including Game 163 of 1995, the teams who have eliminated the Angels have won the World Series 4x out of 9.

That's 44.4%.

OK. I'll play.

2004 Red Sox won the WS.

2007 Red Sox won the WS.

2009 Yankees won the WS.

2014 Royals?

That's 44.4%.

If the Royals win...that'd be 5 of 6 - that's 83.3333333% - ALL UNDER SCIOSCIA....

Edited by JoJo26

I will play this game.

under Scioscia the team that beats the Angels has made to the world series 5 of 6 times about 85%. They have won the WS 4 of 5 times or 80% of the time. TBA if it's 5 of 6.

I get what you're saying: Sosh can't compete with the best team in the league.