• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is Arte at least partially responsible for the beating?

yk9001

This is absolutely disgusting.

The lighting does suck in the stadium lot at night and they have almost no security or police patrolling the lot after games. Just before trying to give away Drinking in public tickets.

Wouldn't be surprised if Arte is in court for this.

Based on the eye witness' account, it appears to me that this is a random beating. Better lighting or not, this seems like it was going to happen regardless. However, there is always someone liable. I see Arte and the Angels cooperating fully and covering all medical expenses. In other words, wherever McCourt failed, Arte will be sure to succeed.

Many here thought that McCourt was at least partially responsible for the Bryan Stow beating. Inadequate security, lighting, etc.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/fan-in-critical-condition-after-beating-in-angel-stadium-parking-lot-friday-205024890.html

Should Arte be held to the same standard as McCourt?

Yes. Poor lighting, and "security" consists of that guy from the Secure Horizons commercial trying to keep his balance driving around the parking lot on a moped that Gene Autry purchased in 1971.

Yes. Poor lighting, and "security" consists of that guy from the Secure Horizons commercial trying to keep his balance driving around the parking lot on a moped that Gene Autry purchased in 1971.

In the area where this beating took place, there are seriously old guys on mopeds exactly as wopphil described.

3 million fans.... Old guys on scooters.

Great ratio. Just another reason why I didn't go to a single game this season.

Nice Wopp!

Three years ago I attended the @ngelswin mid-summer BBQ with about 75 orange cones to secure the area for the event. One of the old men on a scooter asked me if I could donate them (leave them) after the event because they didn't have enough for their daily usage. They were happy that I did.

In the area where this beating took place, there are seriously old guys on mopeds exactly as wopphil described.

Really?  I don't usually see anybody out there when I come out of the stadium.  Even an old guy on a moped would be some deterrent.

Really?  I don't usually see anybody out there when I come out of the stadium.  Even an old guy on a moped would be some deterrent.

Actually I don't even see the old guys on the mopeds after the game at all.  Only before the game.

And for the record, I have the crazy view that the owners of a ball team aren't responsible for every savage beating that takes place in a stadium, whether its Arte or that moron McCourt.  For Pete's sake, are we going to get to the point where we need one security guard for every patron?

Anyone know if the language in the contract between the team and the city clearly states who is responsible?

If I had to guess it would be the Angels responsibility to fix anything stadium related and the city would be on the hook for the parking lot, minus the Big A. Claude likes to use this information on ammo to blast away at Arte, so he would probably know.

If I had to guess it would be the Angels responsibility to fix anything stadium related and the city would be on the hook for the parking lot, minus the Big A. Claude likes to use this information on ammo to blast away at Arte, so he would probably know.

The Anaheim PD ( City of Anaheim ) makes the call on what the staffing level should be for stadium security and traffic control. An event such as a MLB playoff game coupled with the Eagles concert at the Honda Center may have compromised the level of staffing needed for both events. This is not on Arte.

"KABC doesn't say much about what the suspects look like, other than one or more of them were wearing Angels clothing. The man who was beaten also reportedly wore Angels clothing."

And no, I don't blame him or McCourt. I am not in favor of holding people responsible for anyone else's actions. You can't control someone from doing something stupid.

The Anaheim PD ( City of Anaheim ) makes the call on what the staffing level should be for stadium security and traffic control. An event such as a MLB playoff game coupled with the Eagles concert at the Honda Center may have compromised the level of staffing needed for both events. This is not on Arte.

Plenty of Anaheim PD out in the street directing traffic.

Before the game you'll sometimes see Anaheim PD patrolling in a squad car or on horses.  Not after the game though.

I suspect that will change soon.

Is Calzone going to be the new Hamiltown?