• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dipoto's Plan and Scioscia

Kendrick batted .435 in Spring. He's starting the season at .143.

Weaver had a 5.40 ERA in Spring and put together a solid opening day start.

You cannot predict how a player will start a season by looking at Spring stats.

But you can actually look at how the player takes at bats. Trumbo looked the same in spring as he did at the end of last year with little indication that he was the first half guy. He's not putting together good at bats. The stats don't matter, but the pattern of performance is a decent indicator of where that player is at. Especially how they look in the last couple of weeks

I think it was just a case of no DH and a park with a tendency to allow HRs..

Like Doc said - Trumbo looks exactly the same as he did the second half of last year.   Right not he doesn't even look like a .255/.305/.455 guy; much less the player he was the first half of last year.

I wouldn't be too upset if they Howie Kendricked him and sent him down to right the ship.  If Jimenez starts off hot, and Trumbo looks this lost at the end of the month, it's something they should consider.

I'm hoping he finds himself soon.

The defense looked like crap this series.  The two unearned runs in each of the last two games were big.  Maybe Bourjos makes a difference.  I have lost confidence in Trumbo big time but it makes sense to continue to give him his opportunities.  There are almost two months of games until our next away interleague series so by that time, we should know if Trumbo can get his mojo back and which of Bourjos two seasons was the anomaly.

The other thing to keep in mind is that Mike Trout likes playing CF and he's very good at it.  I know people discount this and think it isn't a factor, but I truly believe this plays into who start in CF during games without a DH. 

Bourjos would have made a difference in Aybar or Pujols's error?

I can't beileve this!  Am I actually reading a thread where Scioscia is wrong by NOT playing Bourjos over Trumob....my my what a difference a year makes.

Give it a week and people will be b*tching about how we shoudln't have given up Wells.