• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Darvish, Beltre, Andrus & Choo Clear Waivers....

why do these guys clear waivers?

1.) look at their contracts.

2.) if someone claims them, they can be pulled back from waivers.

3.) once they clear waivers, Rangers are in the driver's seat and can make ridiculous one-sided demands to clear out some team's farm system. If the other team says NO -- no harm, no foul.

In what world is Darvish a 1-B starter? Dude is an ace.

Probably a #3 in Seattle.

Felix > Iwakuma > Darvo

Also they probably cleared waivers because everyone assumed if they were claimed that Texas would just pull them back.

Now that they cleared waivers they can just demand the moon from some desperate teams and hope to make a deal. If not ... then no biggy.

Edited by Ender

Probably a #3 in Seattle.

Felix > Iwakuma > Darvo

Also they probably cleared waivers because everyone assumed if they were claimed that Texas would just pull them back.

Now that they cleared waivers they can just demand the moon from some desperate teams and hope to make a deal. If not ... then no biggy.

I hope you're kidding.

Darvish looks about done for the year. 

Beltre would be nice. The signing we should have made years ago.

You can bet that the Rangers would rake us for any player of significance. That said, they owe us for taking Josh Hamilton.

I was listening to Tim Kurkjian last night on ESPN talking about Hamilton and his struggles. He said that a source with the Rangers told him that Josh is very fragile, and that if he isn't completely supported every step of the way on pretty much every aspect of his life, he struggles. The source told him that he believes that is what is happening now, that the Angels haven't yet figured out the right formula to get him back on track.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

why do you think these guys cleared waivers???  Look at their contracts.

why do these guys clear waivers?

1.) look at their contracts.

2.) if someone claims them, they can be pulled back from waivers.

3.) once they clear waivers, Rangers are in the driver's seat and can make ridiculous one-sided demands to clear out some team's farm system. If the other team says NO -- no harm, no foul.

neither one of those responses answered the question. i'm not talking about choo and andrus, forget those guys. i'm talking about beltre and darvish, both of whom are worth every dollar they get paid. i don't understand how the angels don't claim those guys, with the expectation of blocking any other playoff team from acquiring them, knowing full well that the rangers won't trade either of them to the angels.

neither one of those responses answered the question. i'm not talking about choo and andrus, forget those guys. i'm talking about beltre and darvish, both of whom are worth every dollar they get paid. i don't understand how the angels don't claim those guys, with the expectation of blocking any other playoff team from acquiring them, knowing full well that the rangers won't trade either of them to the angels.

The only AL team we would have blocked is Oakland. No way they would have claimed either of those 2 players.

You can bet that the Rangers would rake us for any player of significance. That said, they owe us for taking Josh Hamilton.

I was listening to Tim Kurkjian last night on ESPN talking about Hamilton and his struggles. He said that a source with the Rangers told him that Josh is very fragile, and that if he isn't completely supported every step of the way on pretty much every aspect of his life, he struggles. The source told him that he believes that is what is happening now, that the Angels haven't yet figured out the right formula to get him back on track.

And people laugh when mentioning that the Halos did not do their due diligence here?

Hello? Someone who had big time drug and alcohol dependency in the past to where they were out of baseball for multiple seasons? Then after he's settled in for 5 seasons in Texas leaves? And the Halos didn't expect there to be a HUGE adjustment undertaken?

Between that and the probable beginning of his decline that took place in 2012, how can the Halos know that he would produce to anywhere nears even his 2011-2012 production?

Anyway, all one can hope for now is that we learned a big lesson with regard to ANY aging FA.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Beltre and Darvish will be nice gets, but will cost us a lot of high end Rondons.  

Beltre - two years $18 and $16 million left.  limited no trade clause

Davish - $10 million for 2015, $10, $11.

Andrus and Choo just have boat anchors of contracts, and I may be mistaken, but most boats only have at most 2 anchors.  We don't need a spare.  Andrus though might be of interest for the Yanks since god is retiring.  Come to think of it, the Yanks don't have an outfield too, so the Rangers have a chance for a bailout.  

What I find odd is that Fielder hasn't cleared waivers yet.  Was he just too big to fit, or are they trying to get enough momentum to push him through?

Choo's salary the next 6 years... ouch.

2014     31   $14,000,000                                                                                       

2015     32   $14,000,000                       

2016     33   $20,000,000                       

2017     34   $20,000,000                       

2018     35   $20,000,000                       

2019     36   $21,000,000                       

2020     37   $21,000,000       

Ahh Choo!

Which is 1. Why they were put on Waivers and 2. Why they passed through unclaimed. And 3. Why they can be dealt ANYWHERE..... Do you even click the story link DiSar or are you one of those Barney the Drunk guys I see at the Cherry Pit? Blah, Blah, Blah......BURP!

wtf? I really don't think you comprehended DiSar's post.