• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official Fans of Cheating Programs Complain About Other Cheating Programs Thread - Auburn Edition

Well, Reggie Bush received a house for starters.

His step dad accepted a house. In San Diego nonetheless

All USC and other universities can do is educate these parents. They cant hold the hands of parents of every athlete at their university.

USC gets 20 recruits this yr. Virtually a full class. Kiffin has recruited well to create depth at certain positions already

I guarantee you that USC and in the coming months, Oregon, face tougher fines/punishment as a part of the lobbying of SEC schools.  Miami would have if not for the fact that the NCAA totally screwed up the investigation.  I would imagine that the NCAA is terrified of ever imposing major sanctions against a SEC school.  The backlash would be huge.  Why do you think nothing came of the whole Cam Newton situation in 2010?

I believe that you give the SEC too much credit for influence. The NCAA is simply incompetent in conducting investigations. If you look at their history, if a school with a member on the NCAA Board is under investigation (for the sake of argument, let's call one the University of Texas), it doesn't matter how many violations they commit, the sanctions will be toothless. They hammered SMU, which was not a cash cow and didn't have influence on the committee, yet Texas committed over 60 rules violations and they got a sanctionless probation. Other schools aren't even investigated. Both schools I attended - the University of Florida and the University of Oklahoma - have been on NCAA probation and faced scholarship reductions and bowl bans. Texas? Nope. Notre Dame? Not even looked at. Alabama? Never in a thousand years.

Then there is the Penn State situation. I remain adamant that the NCAA did not have the standing to do what they did. This was a criminal matter that involved the internal operation of the university. It had nothing to do with the operation of the football program, recruiting or illegally gaining a competitive advantage. The man who committed the crimes was no longer employed by the university. The fact that officials in the football program failed to act was again a legal matter, not one of following NCAA rules. The NCAA has no rules that govern this kind of thing. They simply jumped in and started doling out punishment, which is typical of them. There is no consistency.

The NCAA has their pets and their targets. If they were even-handed and investigated throughly and fairly, I would have a lot less problem with it. I hope that, in my lifetime, we see the disappearance of this arbitrary and incompetent organization.

His step dad accepted a house. In San Diego nonetheless

All USC and other universities can do is educate these parents. They cant hold the hands of parents of every athlete at their university.

USC gets 20 recruits this yr. Virtually a full class. Kiffin has recruited well to create depth at certain positions already

He accepted a house from a USC booster.  Also, a corrupt lawmaker also gave improper benefits to many USC players.  Thus the lack of institutional control.  Most universities have athletic compliance departments in charge of these things.  USC had none until Haden came on.

Lol really? The same coach that was 10-2 a yr before wins @Oregon and @ND? Please.... hey some things dont go as planned. I get that

Depth an issue of course. They will win this season. Shutting a lot of ppl up while doing it. As Bart Scott says "Cant Wait!"

Win another 7 games or so?

steroids & PEDs

improper payments

lack of institutional control

boosters being boosters

trading autographs for tattoos

if it's not the kids or the coaches looking for an advantage, it's also the fans on the college level.

what happened to morality?

Lol really? The same coach that was 10-2 a yr before wins @Oregon and @ND? Please.... hey some things dont go as planned. I get that

Depth an issue of course. They will win this season. Shutting a lot of ppl up while doing it. As Bart Scott says "Cant Wait!"

Yeah, really. He could win 400 games in 2013 and he'd still be a complete piece of garbage. He's a pathological liar and an absolute douchebag.

I'm not expecting you to see it, though, since you're engaging in this thread by ranking levels of cheating.

If I were a Duck fan, I would be totally pissed that the undeniably squeaky clean program that I root for was cheated out of a possible title by that dirty Auburn program.

Hey I never said we were squeaky clean :). I have no idea what penalty we get though, since the other programs also paid Lyles (including Cal) and he said that he never steered any recruit to Oregon. Also, this issue mostly revolved around Lache Seastrunk who never actually played for Oregon. What they will get in trouble for is paying for outdated information and I think they also took 3 extra coaching visits one year. This investigation has been going on for over two years now, so I have no clue when to expect a ruling.