• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Frieri postgame

I really don't Remember those 2 being this bad.

Rodney and Fuentes were this bad at times.  Rodney couldn't hit the broad side of a barn when he was with us, and Fuentes used to get hit hard, real hard.  He didn't throw as hard as Frieri, but sometimes he had a big sweeping slider/curve that was effective against left handers.

Good reliever? A guy with an ERA fast approaching 6.00 and 8 HRs allowed in 30 innings?

Cue Jim Healy: "The flag is up!"

absolutely. a reliever's effectiveness is extremely dependent on how and when he is used. we've seen it over and over again. how many relievers have you seen that were effective middle relievers or even set up men, but couldn't handle the closer role or whichever other role?

we can scream all day, but frieri has a history of success in the middle innings. i'll say it over and over again he's being miscast and misused.

Edited by ukyah

two problems here.

1. frieri is no longer a reliable closer and needs to be removed from that role permanently.

2. everyone knows about #1 except sosh, and it may be time to take away his latest toy. given how poorly frier has performed this year, it's a stonehenge quality mystery as to why mike keeps running him out there in high pressure situations. 

this is really frustrating.

I don't understand why everyone is blaming Frieri when someone else loaded the ****ing bases.  I am not saying that he should be the closer, but seriously....why was Cam used there?  To make a point?  

Scioscia is an idiot

Mike has been acting like a crusty old miner fighting the "revenuers" who are trying to move him off his claim.

"Goldang it, I'll showem and play ibanez ever dangblasted day, and then bygawd my boy Bedrock is gonna come in where he don't belong and if he loads them bases, I'll bring Frieri in with the gawdblasted bases loaded!!!"

"It don't make any sense, but you don't think I'll do it?"

"You just watch you dangnabbed whippersnappers"

I don't understand why everyone is blaming Frieri when someone else loaded the ****ing bases.  I am not saying that he should be the closer, but seriously....why was Cam used there?  To make a point?  

Scioscia is an idiot

I wouldn't blame it all on him (today)..but come on..he threw a fastball at the belt with 2 strikes on swisher after throwing all fastballs the pitches before. Maybe a little VARIETY?!

Hi Jody!

Ready for this one?  It was officially Frieri's 3rd blown save.  Cotts and Gregerson are the leaders with 5 each.  Joe Smith and Nathan have 4.  I know there are plenty of other ways to measure his ineffectiveness, but it's still interesting to me that those four pitchers have more than him.  He's tied with Peralta, Lindstrom, O'Day, Hunter, and Thornton as well.  Kind of a sucky year if you are a late inning reliever.

The fact that Smith has more blown saves than Frieri makes this stat invalid

I wouldn't blame it all on him (today)..but come on..he threw a fastball at the belt with 2 strikes on swisher after throwing all fastballs the pitches before. Maybe a little VARIETY?!

Hi Jody!

Hi Danny!

Yeah, I don't think Frieri has the stuff to be a closer...and he should never ever be brought in with the bases loaded.