• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia's Pen management this series...

Gotta give him credit. Pulling Shoemaker after 5 yesterday had a lot of us shaking our heads, but ultimately it was the right decision. Now today he switches Frieri and Smith giving the Phils a different look in both games.

I like what he is doing with Smith and Frieri and I think it's the best decision for the team going forward.

Hopefully once Alvarez comes up we start seeing less of Jeppy and Salad.

The only thing that anyone can complain about with the series in Philadelphia is pinch hitting McDonald instead of Cron.  Two outs and Cron can actually hit an HR instead of starting a singles rally and Cron has no value on defense whereas McDonald could basically play any position in the infield if someone were to get hurt.

But that is nitpicking.  

The only thing that anyone can complain about with the series in Philadelphia is pinch hitting McDonald instead of Cron. Two outs and Cron can actually hit an HR instead of starting a singles rally and Cron has no value on defense whereas McDonald could basically play any position in the infield if someone were to get hurt.

But that is nitpicking.

I haven't opened the Gameday Thread yet, my guess is there will be things that were complained about.

Frieri will be the full time closer again eventually though, right? Sosh has said quite a few times about how he considers Smith as the "wildcard" in the pen who he can use in various situations in the 7th/8th

wonder if today's switch was mostly just about giving the Phillies hitters a different look.

I think his bullpen management was really good when he had KRod and Shields....you can't make chicken salad out of chicken feces....

There was nothing to manage. In the 8th you put in Shields, in the 9th KRod then you move on to the next game. There was no point or purpose to swap their roles simply because they were effective in that order.

I haven't opened the Gameday Thread yet, my guess is there will be things that were complained about.

During the game, all of the stranded runners were frustrating. Imagine seeing Trout hit a leadoff triple and then the meat of the order strands him.

It's okay to vent during the game. If you're still holding onto it after the game we won, you might have problems.