• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

FREE GRANT GREEN!

Chuck

Green is not an OF, but again, we have the best infield instructors in the business with Griffin and Disar. They have helped Green become a legit SS again, perhaps they can help him succeed in the OF where the A's coaches failed.

All I know is that this team is better with his bat in the lineup and that the Callaspo trade looks like a huge win for the Angels right now with Green playing a passable SS at the highest level. A bat like his carries a lot of value in the middle infield.

Greene is so important
Because we see it all around
It’s up very high on the trees
And on the grass that is on the ground

Greene is the colour of
The plants that grow in the south
It’s also the colour of a Brussels sprout
That I refuse to put in my mouth

Greene is on the traffic light
When the cars can go
All the Greene disappears
When it starts to snow

The most important thing about the colour Greene
Is because it's the last of Grant

And if you can't figure that out

Then this is a worthless spout

Edited by tomsred

Green is not an OF, but again, we have the best infield instructors in the business with Griffin and Disar. They have helped Green become a legit SS again, perhaps they can help him succeed in the OF where the A's coaches failed.

All I know is that this team is better with his bat in the lineup and that the Callaspo trade looks like a huge win for the Angels right now with Green playing a passable SS at the highest level. A bat like his carries a lot of value in the middle infield.

Green right now in his career is a utility player with a bat that can help this club.

He has had plenty if time in the outfield during his minor league time to be an adequate LF.

As many know, when you view the main page in mobile, you cannot see the originator of the thread.

When i saw the all caps and the patented "Free__________", I was positive this was started by AO.

Congrats Chuck!

LMAO

I'm slipping. Can't take credit for "Free such and such" anyway. Jim Rome coined "Free Ron Harper " back when he was wasting away on the Clippers in the mid 1990s. "Free Ron Harper, and sell that basketball team." Too bad Mr. Racist didn't listen to Rome back then.

I'm all for this, but I would like to point out that there is a guy who had a better OPS than Green with the Bees in 2014.

His name is JB Shuck.

Temper your expectations, folks.

Are you kidding? Shuck is awful with the Major league team this year, but lets not replace him with a guy who's hitting well, because Shuck also hit well in the minors this year? He had 25 AB in the minors. Green has had a full month's worth. 

Green's stats in the PCL have been consistently better than anything Shuck's ever done there, but let's base the decision off 25 AB over a 5 game stretch?

Are you kidding? Shuck is awful with the Major league team this year, but lets not replace him with a guy who's hitting well, because Shuck also hit well in the minors this year? He had 25 AB in the minors. Green has had a full month's worth. 

Green's stats in the PCL have been consistently better than anything Shuck's ever done there, but let's base the decision off 25 AB over a 5 game stretch?

Yes, he WAS kidding

I think if things break right for Green, he can essentially become a Michael Young type of player.  You play him at SS, 3B or 2B not because he

is great defensively, but because he's so valuable offensively that you simply accept the fact that he's merely passable defensively.  In fact, Young's 162 game average was .300/.346 36 DB 15 HR and that was with him playing half his games in Arlington.  Watching Green in the minors as much as I have, I think he'll turn into something similar like .290/.340 30 DB 15 HR type of player.

That Callaspo-Green trade still has to be the 2nd biggest win in Dipoto's trade history as the Angels GM, the first being the Trumbo deal. 

Green needs a full season at SLC.....I thought he would make the team but looks like Mike S. and the powers that be knew something when they went with McDonald.

vet leadership, excellent D in all infield positions.......can sac bunt a guy along.......good move with McDonald......I can see him being a Halos (or MLB) coach in the future.

I think if things break right for Green, he can essentially become a Michael Young type of player. You play him at SS, 3B or 2B not because he

is great defensively, but because he's so valuable offensively that you simply accept the fact that he's merely passable defensively. In fact, Young's 162 game average was .300/.346 36 DB 15 HR and that was with him playing half his games in Arlington. Watching Green in the minors as much as I have, I think he'll turn into something similar like .290/.340 30 DB 15 HR type of player.

That Callaspo-Green trade still has to be the 2nd biggest win in Dipoto's trade history as the Angels GM, the first being the Trumbo deal.

I'm really not sure how the Callaspo trade is a big win for Dipoto. I be willing to bet the A's would make that trade again.

Green has upside ... but at what level is still undetermined.