• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Top Korean 3rd baseman wants to play in MLB

Choi has hit .300 and posted an OPS over .900 each of the past four seasons playing for SK Wyverns while averaging more than 23 home runs.  Last season, he slashed .316/.429/.551 and belted 28 home runs, putting him amongst the offensive elite in the KBO.  Choi also demonstrated his speed, swiping 24 bases.

DFA Freese, not much else in the minors, Green's defense still a question there, why not look into making a move like this? Angels need to get more involved in the international market, need a third baseman, and he wouldn't cost a draft pick. Would also allow the Angels to focus on minor tweaks to the roster (ie: the bench, the bullpen, and possibly another starting pitcher.) What say you?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/04/jeong-choi-aims-to-play-in-korea-next-year.html

How much would it cost?

Good question, could be a bidding war since I imagine teams in need of a third baseman (a lot of teams) would be in the running, I could see the Dodgers, Yankees, Red Sox, and maybe the Tigers if Castellanos' glove is bad at third being in the running

I would estimate that a line of .316/.429/.551 in Korea would translate to .210/.280/.440 in the majors. All that for $20+ annually. Pass.

Based off offff? Not only do I feel like your projections are way off, but where the hell are you getting a $20 million AAV? Feel like you just pulled two numbers 2's from your ass 

The baseballs they use are different, they fly a bit further, more juiced, and as you can see, he's playing on a standard oriental (Japan & Korea) field, which means 95 meters down the line, 120 to dead-center.  In other words, 295 feet down the lines and 390 feet to center with a juiced ball, which is tiny by MLB standards.  He's also facing a lot of AA equivalent pitching.  

In other words, he looks like a major leaguer, but don't think for one second he's anything more than replacement level.  But then again, I've never watched him, perhaps MLB scouts like him and believe in him, ya never know.