• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Marlins and Angels will match up sooner or later

Tyler

I would be really mad if this trade happened. 

DDLR had a similar year in 2013 to what cishek did in 2012. 

You could be on the wrong side of millions of dollars in major league value if one of those players become a major league player and Maronde is already likely going to be. 

With pen volatility being what it is, you likely get 1.5 WAR the three seasons of control from him and he's already at a salary of 3.8mil. 

Shane - you've been right about some stuff that no one else bought into at first, but I'm gonna disagree with this big time. 

Thanks for noticing doc. Its ok to disagree on some topics lol

However, this one I feel pretty strongly about.. more so than Trumbo to the Dbacks that I posted early in the season last year.

This trade is of expendables, as it should always be when making a trade, for a position of need. This trade just makes too much sense. Or I guess I should trade target, the package could be up to Dipoto. I just feel Borenstein and Yarbrough match up with Miami cause of Jones and Furcal.

Also, I'm not a fan of war being tied in to predicting a future product. 

Edited by Shane

Thanks for noticing doc. Its ok to disagree on some topics lol

However, this one I feel pretty strongly about.. more so than trumbo to the dbacks that I posted early in the season last year.

This trade is of expendables, as it should always be when making a trade, for a position of need. This trade just makes too much sense. Or I guess I should trade target, the package could be up to Dipoto. I just feel Bronstein and Yarbrough match up with Miami cause of Jones and Furcal.

Also, I'm not a fan of war being tied in to a future product.

While I don't think WAR is great for assessing a future product, it does give some insight.  But I agree that it's also contingent of those guys actually becoming a part of the team or having a place. 

The Yarborough inclusion I get.  Blocked by Howie, Green, Lindsey. 

The Borenstein one is problematic.  Mostly because of what we will know about him by the deadline.  He's either going to be one of the best in the system or AA is going to thrash him.  If he's putting up equivalent number to last year (ie adjusted for that park), then he's not as expendable considering that you can always find a place for a middle of the order bat and even with Cron, the Halos can always use another bat for the DH spot. And he will be worth a lot more.  

Maronde could get to a point soon where he's providing similar value or perhaps slightly less by himself. 

It's just too much.  I could see a Yarborough and another low level prospect. 

My thing with Borenstein is... Cron, Pujols, Calhoun, Trout, Hamilton... filling 1B or a CO is not difficult. Borenstein is just an average fielder... send them to Miami and we won't have to worry about them panning out. Also, I may be in the minority, but I don't think Borenstein's league-wide value grows any more.. gotta capitalize.