• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Top 10 lineups: Rangers, Red Sox rank above all others

NrM

I know this is an Angels site, but that has to be the most laughably homeristic analysis I've ever seen. I don't necessarily agree with MLB's rankings, but it's not fair to assume that Profar and Martin are going suck while claiming an equally inexperienced Calhoun is going to be awesome. Of course Hamilton's going to rake but Choo's done, right?

And come on, man. The Yankees? They're probably the oldest, most injury-prone team in the majors and their infield is horrible.

Also, your assessment of Andrus' contract is way off-base.

Yeah lol at his assessment of Choo. He was a beast in Cle which is a huge pitchers park.

I'd take him over anyone on the angels outside of Trout.

Last year the rangers scored almost as many runs as the Angels. Now they've added Choo and Fielder.

Yes they lost Kinsler, but Profar should easily be able to match his production from last year.

Edited by Poozy

I agree that it was homeristic, but I do think the Angels have the potential to be just as good, if not better, than Texas offensively. The only position on the field that Texas has a clear advantage is Third Base.

Of course they do, that's why they were in the top 5.

At the same time, you can't underestimate the value a .400 OBP guy will bring to the lineup.

And if we're all expecting Pujols and Hamilton to bounce back, then we have to expect Fielder to do the same.

Edited by Poozy

Yeah lol at his assessment of Choo. He was a beast in Cle which is a huge pitchers park.

I'd take him over anyone on the angels outside of Trout.

Cleveland tends to lean to play like pitcher's park but is extremely LHB friendly power wise.   The lowest HR index for lefties in the last ten years was 105, last year it was 118 - he benefited from playing in Cleveland.

Choo's neutral park numbers for his career.  .274/.376/.435. and he still has that awful L/R split.   I love Choo because he is an OBP machine, but people tend to overrate his power.   

Of course they do, that's why they were in the top 5.

At the same time, you can't underestimate the value a .400 OBP guy will bring to the lineup.

And if we're all expecting Pujols and Hamilton to bounce back, then we have to expect Fielder to do the same.

Even if they don't both bounce back but one of them does, then we will have a very good offense. I also hope that Freese has a year like 2012, that will help out a ton, extending the line up.