• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

175 million Angels didn't stand a CHANCE.

Tavon Brown

OP was certain the Halos would get Tanaka

How does it feel to be wrong?

Hey I thought the Angels were in it to win it.  I guess I was wrong dude.  Oh well.  Like Jerry said they are happy taking this current team to Spring Training.  If they win with it, who knows.  I don't know if they will.   But 2 things I am sure of.   1. Angels are DONE spending money.  So Garza is just moot at this point.  2.  Tanaka must not be that bad if the Yankees had 175 million reasons to go all in on him.    

Edited by No Marbles

i am gonna laugh so hard if the angels sign garza. tanaka and his predictions play 2nd fiddle only to an epic thread on the espn forums years back with some guy named colorado..??? . that guy's predictions were amazing, wrongness just snowballing.

This was way too much money, I could've seen this if the old blind-bidding process continued, but when they went to $20M, the Angels had a chance. Yet the Yanks and the Dogs and some other teams with capital obviously pushed the bidding into the stratosphere.

$175M plus a $20M posting fee is a hell of a lot of cash for a guy who has never set foot on a major league diamond. I also read that some teams were concerned about the number of innings he has thrown already even at his age. Maybe the Yankees can use him at third base on the days he doesn't pitch.

$175M plus a $20M posting fee is a hell of a lot of cash for a guy who has never set foot on a major league diamond. I also read that some teams were concerned about the number of innings he has thrown already even at his age. Maybe the Yankees can use him at third base on the days he doesn't pitch.

Like I said in my other post to you.  How many championships do the Yankees have? One Two Three?    Try 27.   They got this by taking chances, like they did today.

Hey I thought the Angels were in it to win it.  I guess I was wrong dude.  Oh well.  Like Jerry said they are happy taking this current team to Spring Training.  If they win with it, who knows.  I don't know if they will.   But 2 things I am sure of.   1. Angels are DONE spending money.  So Garza is just moot at this point.  2.  Tanaka must not be that bad if the Yankees had 175 million reasons to go all in on him.    

You're wrong a lot

Like I said in my other post to you.  How many championships do the Yankees have? One Two Three?    Try 27.   They got this by taking chances, like they did today.

I am not sure they took a lot of financial chances during their run from 96-2000 and if they did in the 30 plus years prior, they don't have much to show for it. They had kick ass teams in the late 90's, early 2000's with proven players, not $175 million pitchers who have never played in the Major Leagues.

At some point you have to realize that that is an INSANE amount of money for Tanaka and it would have been not only potentially crippling, but down right stupid for the Angels to go anywhere near that.

The Angels took chances on CJ, Pujols and Hamilton and I hope at some point all three get it together at the same time. They also have the best player in the game to pay. A player that plays more than once every five days and has proven his abilities in the Majors.

Edited by Sully151

Three of them have come in the last 15 years, one since 2001. They haven't exactly been raking in the trophies lately.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I am not sure they took a lot of financial chances during their run from 96-2000 and if they did in the 30 plus years prior, they don't have much to show for it. They had kick ass teams in the late 90's, early 2000's with proven players, not $175 million pitchers who have never played in the Major Leagues.

At some point you have to realize that that is an INSANE amount of money for Tanaka and it would have been not only potentially crippling, but down right stupid for the Angels to go anywhere near that.

The Angels took chances on CJ, Pujols and Hamilton and I hope at some point all three get it together at the same time. They also have the best player in the game to pay. A player that plays more than once every five days and has proven his abilities in the Majors.

Three of them have come in the last 15 years, one since 2001. They haven't exactly been raking in the trophies lately.

True true.  But how many times have they missed the playoffs?  

True true.  But how many times have they missed the playoffs?  

In New York, making the playoffs isn't enough. That fan base sees world championships as a birthright.

BTW, love the new name and avatar. Kudos for keeping the Tanaka theme and still making a smooth switchover. Very clever.