• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

We traded away the wrong power hitter

Just so we're clear...I'm predicting right now .310/.350/.530 with 35 HR for Morales. Trumbo: .250/.290/.440 with 24 HR. We'll see how close I am

and yet, if Trumbo was having the type of spring he had last March and Morales was meh, this thread wouldn't even be created. 

ST Results FTW! 

and yet, if Trumbo was having the type of spring he had last March and Morales was meh, this thread wouldn't even be created. 

ST Results FTW! 

That's not why this thread was created. I've said it since the trade happened...Dipoto made a mistake. I have remained consistent with that belief

That's not why this thread was created. I've said it since the trade happened...Dipoto made a mistake. I have remained consistent with that belief

You're wrong on so many levels.

First off, he landed a good starter to give us good innings unlike what Santana/Haren gave us last season.

Secondly, Morales can only DH and play 1B. We have too many of those types.

Thirdly, he's a goner at season end. No way we give him what BorASS would want for Morales.

Lastly, Trumbo is still coming into his own and will hit around .265 with 40 HR's and 100+ RBI this year. Morales may have a good season too, but that's not the point. We weren't going to re-sign him anyhow. Trumbo is younger and can play both corner OF spots and 1B. Hell, even 3B in a pinch. 

As a GM, it was the right move. Case closed.