• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Robert Coello Signs Minor League Deal with NYY

ettin

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/01/minor-moves-bobby-keppel-tommy-manzella.html

I'm a little disappointed that the Angels didn't re-sign Coello to a Minor League contract. Robert had shown, in a limited sample size, that moving to a relief role had some potential, especially against right-handed hitters. In the same limited sample size as a reliever in 2013 he had a 12+ K/9 rate in the Majors and a 14+ K/9 rate in the Minors with excellent peripherals (although the actual results weren't as good).

Perhaps he wanted to go to the East coast or just explore other opportunities but this seems like an opportunity wasted for the Angels. Maybe I'm reading too much into the small amount of innings but there seemed to be some potential to unlock.

I've always wondered why the Angels didn't keep him on the 40 man.  He showed some promise, but after his injury, it just seems that the Angels just gave up on him.  I'm wondering if the injury that benched him was a lot more serious than what was announced.

Yeah it just might have been something that we as the fans didn't have insight too (or as happy suggested he may have felt he could crack the Yankees roster). You're right beer the injury may have worried the Angels FO.

His vertical movement on all of his pitches really had the capability to change a hitter's eye level. His fastball came in high around 10 inches with the forkball diving down about -1.5 inches. Nearly a foot of difference and he had a change up that was in between the two. I could see that being a plus for him as moves on.

Anyway what's done is done.

Edited by ettin