• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Middle East Problem (Wall of text/Political Incorrectness)

Islamic Jihad is a rallying cry. A modern day version of "Remember the Alamo!" or "let's win one for the Gipper". I think you'd have to be here to appreciate how polar opposite every aspect of their culture is from ours. The disdain comes from many places but gets manifested in the religions. Name any aspect of culture and I can give you examples of how the two differ in values and means.

The one thing i see in all this is the assumption of moral high ground, as though we somehow had the right to go in and displace hat was there when we cant even control this shit in our own country.

We have extremists... but since they claim to be christian it is apparently ok.  We have poverty, oppression, people living in squalor or homeless ... we have cities that are like warzones and genocide to a certain degree.

Why is our government so much more worried about people half way around the world and cares so little for our own?

Oil is the obvious answer but if it truly is that simple then we have all been marginalized to the point of irrelevancy in our own governments eyes

I for one would like to see our government try to address our own issues before throwing billions of dollars at nations that dont want us there and do nothing but take the money and laugh behind our backs.

The one thing i see in all this is the assumption of moral high ground, as though we somehow had the right to go in and displace hat was there when we cant even control this shit in our own country.

We have extremists... but since they claim to be christian it is apparently ok.  We have poverty, oppression, people living in squalor or homeless ... we have cities that are like warzones and genocide to a certain degree.

Why is our government so much more worried about people half way around the world and cares so little for our own?

Oil is the obvious answer but if it truly is that simple then we have all been marginalized to the point of irrelevancy in our own governments eyes

I for one would like to see our government try to address our own issues before throwing billions of dollars at nations that dont want us there and do nothing but take the money and laugh behind our backs.

We have Christian extremists bombing places here in the U.S?  WTF are you talking about?  What extremists are you talking about? 

He might be thinking of the black on black crime

We have extremists... but since they claim to be christian it is apparently OK.  We have poverty, oppression, people living in squalor or homeless ... we have cities that are like war zones and genocide to a certain degree.

Are you referring to the black on black crime in places like Chicago?

I understand that. I also understand that logic dictates that if there is a pattern you best recognize it.

what Pattern are you referring to? The pattern of violence and suffering that man inflicts on each other around the world, no matter what their race or creed? The big picture is being missed and instead the blame game is played and the cycle continues on

what Pattern are you referring to? The pattern of violence and suffering that man inflicts on each other around the world, no matter what their race or creed? The big picture is being missed and instead the blame game is played and the cycle continues on

I doubt you and I will see the same base reason for the cycle but we agree there is one.  Still, I don't think its unwise or somehow phobic to see patterns within the cycle.

I had no idea Christian terrorism was a thing now. I think you should dial down the hyperbole and constant urge to play the devil's advocate in every thread.

That is such an absurd argument, and a misleading one as well. 

The links in your post valiantly claim that only '7% of terrorist acts in the US  (1970-2011) were motivated by religious beliefs.'

Guess what: that number is utter meaningless. What matters is how many lives these cowards take. only a few terrorists killed thousands of Americans on 9/11, and it was 1 act (3 if you count the Pentagon and PENN).

Whereas 40 different crazy (non-religious) gunmen who shoot up theaters, schools, etc... would equate to killing maybe 200 combined. Yet, those would count as 40 different terrorist acts.

For the sake of analyzing that statistic, let's pretend that 5 religious terrorists killed every single american (300M people) in 2011. Although the 'majority of terrorist acts are committed by non-religious individuals,' the statistic that 'all terrorist acts motivated by religion equates to 7%' would still be VALID . 

Here's another example:

93% Non-religious terrorism acts= 500 murders

7% Religious terrorism acts= 300,000,000 murders

Such a useless statistic with no bearing on anything in this thread. 

Edited by failos