• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Phillies Agree To New TV Contract

gotbeer

After reading the article that AARF posted I would think that the Angels will have a competitive advantage over almost every other team going forward as long as FSW doesn't go bankrupt. If I read that correctly the Angels and Rangers are only outdone by the Dodgers contract. I am assuming that the Yankees and Redsox get other money considering they own their own networks, they would get all of the advertising revenue that is sold on the stations, in a round about way.

Reading more of the details that come out, it will be interesting how it plays out.  They get an equity stake in Comcast.  But the intriguing part is the ad revenue.  Like the equity stake, I would think that it isn't affected by the sharing with the other teams.  So that could be a huge bump.  Angels get $150 million but 33% goes to league revenue sharing.  So it's $100 million.  Phillies are at $100 million, so $66 million.  But with ad revenue, when in 2011 the Phillies had the highest regional ratings.  That could be a huge amount that might not be touched by the league.  That could leapfrog them over many teams.

After reading the article that AARF posted I would think that the Angels will have a competitive advantage over almost every other team going forward as long as FSW doesn't go bankrupt. If I read that correctly the Angels and Rangers are only outdone by the Dodgers contract. I am assuming that the Yankees and Redsox get other money considering they own their own networks, they would get all of the advertising revenue that is sold on the stations, in a round about way.

I don't think it's going to play out like that. Cable may slowly be retracting but it will always exist, and as it stands now and for the foreseeable future live sports broadcasts will be among the most desirable content available due to it's target demographics, rabid fan base, and the inability to skip ads.

Viewing habits will continue to change, but with so much money involved MLB wont let changes happen so fast that the cable companies get left out to dry. At this point the two groups are tied together so much that it just can't happen.