• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rakuten Planning Record Offer For Tanaka

gotbeer

ok am i the only thats starting to think NPB or Rakuten is just playing reindeer games holding out for more money at this point?  This is getting flat out stupid

There needs to be a deadline so that these guys must be posted by Dec 1 or some shot to avoid this friggin circus

not I. I think Rakuten really wants to keep Tanaka, and knows that his value on the team is worth more than $20 million.  

Let's put it this way.  If his value was $100+ million in the US.  Wouldn't you try to keep him for $7.7 million?  

I guess the owner feels that tanaka is worth more to him than the $20 Million posting fee. This is going to get interesting. Tanaka should tell his owner to post him and give him the ability to match whatever the MLB team offers.

yes, because that is certain to happen. as evidenced by their "record" 7.7 million dollar offer.

ok am i the only thats starting to think NPB or Rakuten is just playing reindeer games holding out for more money at this point?  This is getting flat out stupid

There needs to be a deadline so that these guys must be posted by Dec 1 or some shot to avoid this friggin circus

There is a deadline. Unfortunately, it's February 1, and the player has a 30-day negotiating window from the posting.

If he is not posted his options are:

1) reject the NPB offer, sit out a year, not accumulate a year service time -- which delays his free agency by a year or

2) accept the offer.

Even if he sits out more than year in protest his value to MLB teams will diminish due to getting older and a lack of recent scouting.

Rakuten knows Tanaka has no choice but to play for them next year if he is not posted.

Lol that offer is a fraction of what an MLB team will offer, he'd be dumb to accept that

no he wouldn't. if rakuten doesn't post him, he has no realistic choice, but to pitch for them one more year. after that, rakuten will post him for certain at the risk of losing the 20 million posting fee. at this point it's moot.

I have serious doubts as to rather he will come this season. Not only does he have no choice if he is not posted. Japanese players just have a lot more respect and honor for the game and their team then most American players do. Yes he would make a lot more coming to the Majors. But it will still be here next year and if pushed I think he will honor Rakuten. Rakuten wants to benefit from the chance to win back to back Championships. As I am sure that and being the highest paid player in that leagues history would also be a little motive for Tanaka to stay another year. Yes Tanaka will make 100 million or better coming over this season. But honor is a very big issue in Japan and that is going to weigh in a lot more over there then it will over here. I think it's time we start looking at our other options before they are all gone.

So if he finally gets posted we will go head to head with the Yankees and Dodgers? Waste of time.

A thought occurred to me.  why would the Dodgers go hard after Tanaka when they have more starting pitchers than they know what to do with.  Maybe this Kershaw signing isn't a slam dunk like people think.  Greinke and Ryu is a good top 2 on any team.  Add Kershaw to it.  Or you add a Tanaka to it.  If Tanaka can be get for say 6/$140 and the Dodgers offering Kershaw a $300 million contract that he rejected.  

It just seems odd that Kershaw has a year before FA'cy, and the only talk is a huge megadeal that he rejected.  

A thought occurred to me. why would the Dodgers go hard after Tanaka when they have more starting pitchers than they know what to do with. Maybe this Kershaw signing isn't a slam dunk like people think. Greinke and Ryu is a good top 2 on any team. Add Kershaw to it. Or you add a Tanaka to it. If Tanaka can be get for say 6/$140 and the Dodgers offering Kershaw a $300 million contract that he rejected.

It just seems odd that Kershaw has a year before FA'cy, and the only talk is a huge megadeal that he rejected.

Yesterday, Colletti stated that there was a good chance they add another star pitcher. They don't want to part with any prospects, so I think it's Tanaka they go hard after, rather than someone like Price. Some Japanese news outlets have been reporting that Tanaka prefers the west coast, if that's the case it'll come down to the Angels and Dodgers

not I. I think Rakuten really wants to keep Tanaka, and knows that his value on the team is worth more than $20 million.  

Let's put it this way.  If his value was $100+ million in the US.  Wouldn't you try to keep him for $7.7 million?  

Wait, how do you figure a value of over $20 million US dollars when he is only offering a one year contract worth about $7 million (which is probably bullshit) before Tanaka leaves for free agency.

Tachibana is just pissed he won't get Matsusaka/Darvish money for his slave trading and decided to give the finger to the US for finally setting a cap on extortion.

The Rakuten Golden Eagles projected payroll for 2014 right now stands at about $8.5 million without Tanaka. Marlon Byrd ($1.56 million) and Michael Cuddyer ($.975 million) are their highest paid players. So they are looking at over two years of payroll relief if they post Tanaka. Had they got Darvish money they are looking at 5 years payroll relief and buying their own golf course.

Morosi: Decision near on whether to post Japanese sensation Tanaka

Meanwhile, Tokyo Sports reported that the Eagles received a "self-introductory e-mail from Scott Boras," according to Yakyubaka, indicating that perhaps the American super-agent is poised to represent Tanaka if he makes the jump to MLB. Boras declined to comment about that report when contacted by FOX Sports 1.

Boom!!!!

The Rakuten Golden Eagles projected payroll for 2014 right now stands at about $8.5 million without Tanaka. Marlon Byrd ($1.56 million) and Michael Cuddyer ($.975 million) are their highest paid players. So they are looking at over two years of payroll relief if they post Tanaka. Had they got Darvish money they are looking at 5 years payroll relief and buying their own golf course.

And the posting fee would be enough to cover their team payroll for two years even if they didn't sell a single ticket or collect a dime from TV revenue. Not bad.

So Blanton's salary would be record if he played for Rakuten?

That's awesome.

This thing has to resolve itself at some point. I doubt anything happens before the end of the year as far as him getting posted then getting signed. But I'm assuming they make a decision soon, then the frenzy begins in January for all the starting pitchers.