• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SIM Cards and Activating Phones

Spencer

My work provides me with a smartphone, and were nice enough to upgrade my older Droid 3 to an iPhone 5s.

I've turned on the new 5s, and programmed in my Apple ID, but apparently still need to activate the cell service since I can't yet make any calls.

As my personal cell phone, I have an iPhone 5.

Hypothetically speaking, could I take the SIM card from my iPhone 5, and put it into the 5s, and then take the SIM card from the Droid 3 and put it into the iPhone 5?

I ask because I would like to 'steal' the 5s for myself, and use the 5 as my work phone.

If the first part works, and my company-provided data plan gets activated onto the 5, and my own personal family plan gets activated onto the new 5s, then will the tethering/hotspot service that my company now pays for also transfer over without a hitch?

I would think the answet is yes, since that is part of the service plan, and not tied into the hardware on the phone, but I need to make sure.

Well it worked.

I swapped SIM cards between my 5 and the company's 5s, then activated the new card that I put in the 5.

Its not so much theft as it is me wanting to get the most mileage out of a new phone.

All I do on my work phone is make calls and send emails, hardly worth having a brand new 5s for.

should work fine.

you can buy an unlocked, sim-free 5s right now. 

just need a sim that works with GSM.

but dual phones (work vs personal) will be ancient technology soon once things become virtualized - thus you can have multiple personas on a single device.

vmware already does this but only for a handful of phones at this point. 

• 4 weeks later...