• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Josh Johnson

If we had real pitching depth, I wouldn't mind taking a flier with the thought being that he slots into the back of the rotation, and if he finds some semblance of the Josh Johnson of old, neat. If not, move on.

But considering how weak the team is in that department right now, and that's not likely to be a problem that gets significantly better over the course of the offseason, I don't know.

a lot of the conversation on here is beginning to sound like rival political parties during a campaign.  All we hear is how one possible solution is no good, but we never hear how we can make things better.

I don't know if Johnson is the solution or not or if he is worth a gamble.  I do know we need to improve starting pitching first and then the bull pen.  That means we need to find solutions someplace.  Maybe its worth a look at Johnson?

I would prefer a solid pen over a solid rotation. I think you can repair a bullpen quicker than a rotation.

For instance, I would spend 8-15M on the bullpen. 3-5M on the rotation. Weaver, Wilson, Richards, Williams, (insert 3-5M guy here) would be fine with me as long as bullpen is drastically improved.

I suggested signing Francisco Liriano last winter on the cheap and hope for a rebound and was soundly boo'ed.  If the guaranteed investment is small, I'd be on board signing Josh Johnson.  But, to be clear, I would establish a 5-man rotation that DID NOT include him and let him rehab without expectations.  Let someone else pay $5-8 million guaranteed, if that type of money can even be had.

I'd take him on an incentive based deal as long as it was for the 5th spot in competition with Richards.  Still need two other starters.  I tend to agree the money is better spend improving the pen. Although, I like the type of deal that Liriano got in Pittsburgh.  A 1yr deal with a vesting option for the second.  So if he finds his form you get him for the next year as well.  1 mil in the first year and 6 in the second year based on the number of starts he makes. 

a lot of the conversation on here is beginning to sound like rival political parties during a campaign.  All we hear is how one possible solution is no good, but we never hear how we can make things better.

I don't know if Johnson is the solution or not or if he is worth a gamble.  I do know we need to improve starting pitching first and then the bull pen.  That means we need to find solutions someplace.  Maybe its worth a look at Johnson?

How about go after Tanaka but no one has mentioned that before so maybe something to think about instead of Josh Johnson

Edited by tennischmp