• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UCLA Football Thread

nate

UCLA got a commit from 3* DB Will Lockett out of Texas.

Interesting some of the people on BRO were questioning why the Bruins are taking commits from 3* but the mods came in and explained that for one thing 3* are still very good athletes, and what makes them a 3* is they may not be as refined as a 4 or 5* even though they have the size and athleticism.  Anyway they explained that once teams are stacked with talent they are more interested in talent they can develop mixed with talent that will immediately impact the team.

Of course any coach would take a commit from a 5* and find a way to get them a scholarship.

Everything lines up for the Bruins this year. Stanfraud and Oregon at home, building off a solid last season, ASU early on the road meaning if they lose that game, they have time to build their resume and recover by winning out. Hoping to stay healthy and see where this wave takes us.

Everything lines up for the Bruins this year. Stanfraud and Oregon at home, building off a solid last season, ASU early on the road meaning if they lose that game, they have time to build their resume and recover by winning out. Hoping to stay healthy and see where this wave takes us.

If UCLA loses to Arizona State, then their season will be a disappointment in my eyes.  Barring any catastrophic injuries the Bruins should be 3-0 heading into Sun Devil Stadium.

As of today, here's my UCLA regular season prediction

WIN @ Virginia

WIN vs Memphis

WIN @ Texas.  (Yea, it's a supposed neutral game in Dallas).

WIN @ ASU

WIN vs Utah

WIN vs Oregon

WIN @ Cal

WIN @ Colorado

WIN vs Arizona

LOSS @ Washington

WIN vs southern cal

WIN vs Stanford

11-1 regular season with a narrow loss to Washington on the road at Husky Stadium.

If UCLA loses to Arizona State, then their season will be a disappointment in my eyes.  Barring any catastrophic injuries the Bruins should be 3-0 heading into Sun Devil Stadium.

Losing on the road to ASU is a disappointment but losing on the road to UW isn't? It's basically like losing to the same team?

Edited by xboom28x

Losing on the road to ASU is a disappointment but losing on the road to UW isn't? It's basically like losing to the same team?

Arizona St doesn't lose at home in September. It's going to be hot and a Thursday night game and Sun Devil stadium will be rocking. Not a easy to play.

The Sun Devils should have lost at home against Wisconsin last year.  If any of you recall, Wisconsin has the ball inside the Sun Devils 10 yd line with less than 30 seconds to play.  The Wiscy QB takes a knee on 1st or 2nd down to line up what should be the game winning FG.  But fat Wil Sutton laid on the football after the play had been whistled with the clock continuing to wind down, eventually til time expired and the game ended.  The referees were dumbfounded in all the chaos, which could have easily been avoided if any one of the officials used any common sense and flagged ASU for a delay of game penalty.  The clock would have stopped and the ball would have been spotted half the distance to the goal.  Then, Wisconsin would have had an almost guaranteed chip shot FG for the victory.  

I can't recall if these were Pac12 referees.  If they were, then the debacle was par for the course.

In any case, ASU will start 8-9 new players on defense and an offensive line with at least two new starters along with a lineman whose switching positions.  That's a lot of personnel to replace, and I don't see this team gelling until later in the season.  Games are won in the trenches and I like UCLA's talented and experienced D-line to handle ASU's O-line.  And UCLA will be coming off a bye week after Texas to give them an extra four days to rest and prepare for the Sun Devils.

Edited by Section517

My father graduated from Montana State but since he now lives in the Missoula area he bandwagoned with the Grizzlies. His first years of college were in Missoula, then after getting out of the Air Force switched his degree from journalism to engineering which landed him in Bozeman.

Lately the Bobcats have been doing better than the Grizzlies so he is in a win/win situation.

Edited by Eric Notti

Wisconsin didn't suck last year. I don't know why you shoot down ASU so much. They are a legit program that has been ranked quite a bit recently in a tough Pac-12 conference.

ASU was a good team last year.  I'm not trying to knock them down.  Though it's still bothersome that UCLA almost came from 3+ TDs down deficit only to squander a few opportunities late in the 4th quarter when ASU's defense was gassed.   

I agree Nate.  Hundley should not have to scramble and improvise as much this season.  And the run game should improve with the added depth and experience on the O-line.  Reading the practice reports, it looks like Bunche (LT), Redmond (LG), Brendal ©, Toran (RG), and McDermott (RT) are the projected starters coming out of Fall Camp.  Quessenberry, Benenoch, Lacy, Wysocki will be second string.  That's pretty good depth when Quessenberry, Benenoch, and Wysocki started games last season.