• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Obamacare/Trumpcare Horror Stories

Separately but related, this is one of the reasons there has been no illegal immigration reform.  The President and Dems have attempted to jam through their version of reform which is loosely written and loaded with pork of many kinds.  It would be a legally ambiguous bill as the ACA has become.

It's not clear whether the people who have already received monthly subsidies will now be required to pay them back. That would be devastating to millions of middle-class families who would be forced in many cases to cough up thousands of dollars.

As Joe Biden once said, this is a big effing deal.

That decision will end up with SCOTUS.  Probably not until at least next summer.  No worries for peeps yet.

And if it holds up, by that time middle-class families will owe several more thousand dollars in subsidies which will probably have to be returned to the government.

Another nightmare will be the many people who will cancel their coverage and drop out of the system, opting instead to pay the penalty.

This will cause premiums to skyrocket on the rest of us who stayed.

It's not clear whether the people who have already received monthly subsidies will now be required to pay them back. That would be devastating to millions of middle-class families who would be forced in many cases to cough up thousands of dollars.

As Joe Biden once said, this is a big effing deal.

I highly doubt that anyone would be required to pay the subsidies back for two reasons. First, it'd simply be impossible for a lot of people to pay it back if they've been enrolled for two years or so. For your average unmarried, childless waiter, it'd probably be close to $3k. And if you're a single parent making $30-$35k a year, you'd be really screwed. Second, one of the best ways to sink an economy faster than the Titanic is to drop four or five figure bills on a huge chunk of the lower and middle class all at once.

We just got a letter telling that since our company didn't use up a certain percentage of the money allotted us, because of the ACA we get refunded the difference. As a church group, we will either get our premiums lowered for the coming year or we can get a cash rebate.

Eureka! Turns out our refund is going to be roughly $24. Sadly, this has to be divided between all 500 employees in our company. Not sure if I'll finally buy that boat I've had my eye on or save it for my daughters college fund.