• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

kitchen/bathroom contractors in orange county

wopphil

Can anyone recommend one? I am looking to gut my kitchen and one or two bathrooms and don't know of any good contractors who specialize in kitchens and bathrooms. I am not looking for a GC, but instead someone who specializes in kitchens and bathrooms. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Just finished my kitchen today. Went through Home Depot. The in-laws hooked us up as an anniversary gift and chose Home Depot so I had no say in it. But really stoked on the results and quality. The contractor was solid (Rovics for demo, plumbing, electrical, and cabinet install) and another for the granite install.

post-44-0-96118000-1379045364_thumb.jpg

post-44-0-83323100-1379045387_thumb.jpg

post-44-0-83416500-1379045407_thumb.jpg

We used Mr Cabinet Care. They were a little more pricey than some of the small independent places, but my wife liked the fact that they had been around for a long time and stood by their work.

The workers were all prompt, worked hard and did a good job. There was always someone assigned to us in the office that was ready to answer questions, make changes or whatever.

I have a family of contractors, we stay far away from Angies list because it produces the worst customers you can find

mostly left wing, penny pinchers with no friends or sources to get a recommendation, so they try to scout everyone in the book and rely on ratings from other losers to qualify their contractor

Then furthermore, since they dont have much money to spend, they are going to waste time and get bids from everyone and think their tiny job is the holy grail.

If someone would say they heard about us from Angieslist, we would usually just hang up or tell them were not in business anymore and save the time.  Those people can F themselves and call the smell good plumbers

I have a family of contractors, we stay far away from Angies list because it produces the worst customers you can find

mostly left wing, penny pinchers with no friends or sources to get a recommendation, so they try to scout everyone in the book and rely on ratings from other losers to qualify their contractor

Then furthermore, since they dont have much money to spend, they are going to waste time and get bids from everyone and think their tiny job is the holy grail.

If someone would say they heard about us from Angieslist, we would usually just hang up or tell them were not in business anymore and save the time.  Those people can F themselves and call the smell good plumbers

WOW.....just WOW!!!

These people did a professional design and remodel on our kitchen and bathroom

http://www.legourmetkitchen.com/

Thanks man.  They are actually on our list of contractors to call.  I guess I am bit turned off by the word "gourmet" in their name, as my budget is more "fast food."  The contractor we had out yesterday basically laughed at us when we said our budget was $30,000 (including appliances; we have a relatively small, galley kitchen).  I think some of these places are so damn entrenched on providing every customer with top of the line, custom cabinets, that they are incapable of doing smaller scale jobs. 

We have also met with Orange County Kitchens.  Anyone have any experience with them?  I like that they have limited overhead and their principals perform all their own work.  The guy we met with seems like a good dude, too, and doesn't seem to want to waste our time upselling us on everything under the moon.

Thanks man.  They are actually on our list of contractors to call.  I guess I am bit turned off by the word "gourmet" in their name, as my budget is more "fast food."  The contractor we had out yesterday basically laughed at us when we said our budget was $30,000 (including appliances; we have a relatively small, galley kitchen).  I think some of these places are so damn entrenched on providing every customer with top of the line, custom cabinets, that they are incapable of doing smaller scale jobs. 

I would call them anyway, they won't laugh at your budget.  At least go check out their showroom.

Edited by Jay

• 5 years later...