• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How about this...

Chuck

The Kansas City Royals are in a win now mentality this season and next, so how about this:

Erick Aybar for Christian Colon and a solid bullpen arm?

Escobar has been terrible for them and cost them some games defensively as well this year. 

Colon a former CSF standout and #1 pick has a little pop/speed, but I really like his plate discipline unlike Aybar. I think he'd be a good #2 hitting in the lineup too. http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?pos=2B&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=518568

I don't follow prospects well enough to judge Colon, but I like the sound of it.  I think KC is a good trade partner for the Angels in general because of their win now mentality and number of good prospects.  I'd have to imagine they would have interest in Kendrick as well.

My dream scenario is having a completely new MIF next year. Can't wait to be rid of Aybar and Howie.

The Kansas City Royals are in a win now mentality this season and next, so how about this:

Escobar has been terrible for them and cost them some games defensively as well this year. 

Colon a former CSF standout and #1 pick has a little pop/speed, but I really like his plate discipline unlike Aybar. I think he'd be a good #2 hitting in the lineup too. http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?pos=2B&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=518568

Where are you getting this?

Escobar is having a far better defensive year than Aybar.

Offensively on the other hand he has been stinking it up.

Colon has been a worse hitter in the minors than Andrew Romine(although Colon has been roughly a year younger than Romine was at the respective stops over the past couple years). And by all accounts, Romine has a better glove.

His prospect status had mostly already dropped to utility infielder before the season, and he's put up a whopping .273/.335/.379 line in the PCL.

He wouldn't be a guy most people think about at all if he hadn't been drafted #4 in the country, and he really hasn't done anything at any point in pro ball to live up to that.

Edited by jshep

Looking at his career numbers in the Minors I'd point out the following comparison:

Christian Colon: .274/.339/.374/.713

Player B: .269/.364/.424/.788

Player B is Tommy Field who is already on our roster. Both are above average defensively.

Colon hasn't been doing particularly well as of late in the Royals Minor League system so I am not sure what we really gain here?

Aybar should bring back a top young starting pitching prospect + ? Colon may have been a #1 pick once but he certainly has seen his stock fall and I'd be wary of him, in my humble opinion.

I'd rather roll the dice on Field or even Romine.

Hmm.  What does Christian Colon offer that Eric Stamets doesn't other than being a year or so ahead (but three years older) and having been picked at a higher draft pick?

The two major needs of the Angels are:

1. Starting pitching

2. Relief pitching

Colon doesn't address either of those concerns and actually just gives us more of what we already have.