• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia looking pretty silly again

nate

Okay sorry dislike wasn't the correct word. However you do firmly believe those two points above and I firmly disagree. Experienced managers like Scioscia are in relatively short supply and I think a lot of front offices would seriously consider hiring him and even taking on his contract. As far as the "power and authority" part I think that is a pretty overblown perception about Mike and I think the real solution is to find a like minded GM to Mike's style of managing without the GM having to "move aside" for Scioscia.

It would be very difficult to find a perfect fit GM for Scioscia's style of managing without having to move aside. Let's see how Arte handles this off-season.  

Yea, kind of like that miserable season he had in 2002!

Almost 12 years ago now. Seriously, people still bringing up 2002 as an arguing point to discuss Scioscia CURRENTLY is a joke. If it was 2006, that argument might have some merit still, not at the end of 2013 when we've missed the playoffs 4 straight years though. Sorry

Yes in 2002 he had a $61,721,667 mid-range payroll which is about $80,262,245 in today's money. 

So why couldn't he at least make the playoffs with the $138,000,000 ( 4th highest) payroll hes had the last 4 seasons?

He must be declining.   

because the players were better then than they are now. 

Francona and McKeon.  Who else?  Ozzie was traded right?

Francona and Manuel. McKeon retired both times if I recall correctly.

And ya, for some reason I forgot that Ozzie was traded to the Marlins(and then dumped a year later, but that's beside the point).

Edited by jshep

Don't tell the Steinbrenners that. They remind the players all the time how much they're getting paid to make the playoffs.

Swap this years pitching staff with the 2002 team and they don't win 80 games, don't see the playoffs or the World Series. It is about performance not payroll. Edited by Eric Notti

Francona and Manuel. McKeon retired both times if I recall correctly.

And ya, for some reason I forgot that Ozzie was traded to the Marlins(and then dumped a year later, but that's beside the point).

And only 2 managers that won the WS after Sosh are still with their current team (Bochy and Girardi). Both of them won recently. Managers get stale. Change is needed or else people get complacent. That's why giving a manager a 10 year deal is such flawed logic

I'll just leave this here:

3 managers who won World Series' more recently than Mike Scioscia have been fired by the teams they won those for.

It's a fair point but most of those guys found other manager jobs, right?  It's not like they are selling pizzas over the internet.  That is what is so ludicrous about Claude's argument.  Sosh will find another manager job (if he wants to).  

It's a fair point but most of those guys found other manager jobs, right?  It's not like they are selling pizzas over the internet.  That is what is so ludicrous about Claude's argument.  Sosh will find another manager job (if he wants to).  

But at what cost MT? No other franchise is going to give Scioscia that kind of money and that kind of power. It's nonconforming.