• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Scioscia looking pretty silly again

nate

Guys they are facing a left handed pitcher tonight and Calhoun has hit .313 at the Major League level in 2013 and when he was in the Minors for most of this year he was hitting .411 against lefties?

Edit: Oh never mind I misread where you were going with your original statement.

Edited by ettin

Wait, you are mad at Sosh for not playing Calhoun on a night when Calhoun played?

and they lost?

Seriously, you are just looking for reasons now. Blame the stupid GM who brought both Shuck and Cowgill in.

The stupid ass GM brought Shuck in to give guys the occasional day off and fill in if anyone got hurt; he was a fourth outfielder. Bourjos got hurt, and, wait for it,shuck saw his playing time increase. Looks like you're the one looking for reasons

Wait, you are mad at Sosh for not playing Calhoun on a night when Calhoun played?

and they lost?

Seriously, you are just looking for reasons now.  Blame the stupid GM who brought both Shuck and Cowgill in.

The point is that it took Scioscia over a month to start Calhoun against lefties and now that he finally is starting, he is making the most of it hitting .400 against them.  Scioscia's moronic disregard for stats and hunger to platoon crappy players with good ones has been an issue for years.

Also, is your solution to carry less position players?  Or maybe just to keep more left handed replacement level players instead of right handed?  Half of the team is injured, you have to have these guys rounding out your bench when you have no farm system.  I don't get how Shuck or Cowgill have anything to do with it.

Edited by nate

The point is that it took Scioscia over a month to start Calhoun against lefties and now that he finally is starting, he is making the most of it hitting .400 against them.  Scioscia's moronic disregard for stats and hunger to platoon crappy players with good ones has been an issue for years.

Also, is your solution to carry less position players?  Or maybe just to keep more left handed replacement level players instead of right handed?  Half of the team is injured, you have to have these guys rounding out your bench when you have no farm system.  I don't get how Shuck or Cowgill have anything to do with it.

I think the job responsibilities of the GM and manager are not as compartmentalized as many of you on here believe.  Just as I believe Sosh has some pull on who is brought in I also believe that Dipoto has some say in who is playing on the field. 

It is absolutely illogical to believe that Dipoto brought in Shuck and Cowgill for the express purpose of being back ups and that Mike is just giving Dipoto the finger and saying "screw you, they are going to start".

Can you think of any other job or business set up where a supervisor does whatever the hell he wants with the employees that are hired by his bosses?  Where he would just put an engineer that was hired on food service instead?

Your scenario isn't real life. 

You think Dipoto tells Scioscia to play Cowgill over Calhoun?

C'mon, MT, I know you are smarter than that.

Let's not play the backhanded compliment game, ok?

I think there is constant communication about what a player (employer) is brought in for.  I think when a player is brought in a gm speaks to the manager about why they were brought in.  It's that way everywhere Nate, why would you think baseball would be different?

I think that is precisely what Scioscia is doing. I also think the Angels are far more dysfunctional than that.

I think your dislike for Sosh's style of baseball is clouding your judgement.  You like the sabermetric style, that's fine.  Sosh wouldn't be your favorite kind of manager.  I get that.  Just don't toss out logic because of it. 

Let's not play the backhanded compliment game, ok?

I think there is constant communication about what a player (employer) is brought in for.  I think when a player is brought in a gm speaks to the manager about why they were brought in.  It's that way everywhere Nate, why would you think baseball would be different?

If anything I think Scioscia told Dipoto he needs an OF to platoon with Calhoun against LHP.

Wasn't meant to be backhanded.  I just think you are trolling. ;)

To MT's point, I think the only reason Sosh is playing Calhoun vs lefties now is because DiPoto told him to. This makes him more marketable if teams see he is an everyday player.

Then, next year, Sosh can platoon Bourjos and Shuck all season long giving Sosh a stiffy.

Edited by xboom28x

I think Scioscia, who has been around baseball and players longer than any of you pretend to a have knowledge of, knows Calhoun's capabilities and where his role will be next season and is playing guys he and Dipoto need to figure out what their worth is.

Think for just one moment, why is Trout even playing right now every night? He is their franchise player and yet he is out there in meaningless games where he risks injury. The only thing I can think is it is for Trout's benefit in the MVP race. If they shut him down this last month he has no chance at the MVP. That is a decision both the GM and the manager have to make, what is good for the team going forward and what is good for the player as well.

So sitting at your computers and whining Scioscia is not playing your new favorite player, maybe you should think for a moment where his loyalties to his players lie, where his responsibilities to his GM lie, what is best for the team and the future is.

Instead of being selfish little brats throwing fits on the floor because the adults are doing adult things instead of playing children's games.