• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

WTF is with this bleeping weather?

Mariposa County Sand & Sandbags Locations

sandbags-credit-mariposa-county-sheriff-

Mormon Bar Fire Station 27: 4621 Hwy 49 S, Mariposa 
Sand and sandbags are available, bring your own shovel. Bags are on the porch. There is no staff on-site to assist. Please limit to 10 bags per household.

Don Pedro Fire Station 24: 9729 Merced Falls Rd , Don Pedro
Sand and sandbags are available, bring your own shovel. There is no staff on-site to assist. Please limit to 10 bags per household.

Hey @Homebrewer, I'm heading up to Yosemite on Friday afternoon, specifically the Yosemite West area. Going up 41 thru Oakhurst. Friday looks like more rain with snow in the higher elev's. Does the road into Yosemite ever get flooded or closed down from snow, or do they keep it reasonably cleared? If it dumps, or if the snow level is less than 5k, I may be in for a long drive. 

4 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Okay Mother Nature, we thank you for ending the drought in NoCal.  Now feel free to bring sunshine back.

stick a sock in it, bub. we need the rain, and you're going to enjoy it whether you want to or not!

25 minutes ago, Angel Dog and Beer said:

Hey @Homebrewer, I'm heading up to Yosemite on Friday afternoon, specifically the Yosemite West area. Going up 41 thru Oakhurst. Friday looks like more rain with snow in the higher elev's. Does the road into Yosemite ever get flooded or closed down from snow, or do they keep it reasonably cleared? If it dumps, or if the snow level is less than 5k, I may be in for a long drive. 

Snow level will be over 5k. Rock slides, debris flow, clogged drainages, and down trees are the biggest problems right now. 41 tends to stay open most of the time. Supposed to be a nice weekend here ...The valley is REALLY impressive right now. The small falls that you never notice are huge and the big ones.. you can't even get close to. The whole area is rumbling with falling water. It's pretty cool. Badger has a ton of snow, too (if you can get up there) Glacier Point Rd has been closed off and on..so you never know.

Plan extra time for sure...and even if 41 closes for a while you can have a beer and dinner at South Gate in Oakhurst, or come through Mariposa and get to Yosemite West through the valley.

23 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

I'm heading up to Tahoe on Friday for the weekend. Should be epic with all that new snow.

Lake Tahoe Gained 8.7 Billion Gallons Of Water In Just 2 Days

Lake Tahoe has had a great past few months, receiving 8.7 billion gallons of water in just two days. It hasn't stopped there; the lake has been receiving tremendous amounts of water lately to fill the lake above its natural rim level.

Long term forecast is showing another AR (atmospheric river) event towards the end of next week for Central California. Could also affect SoCal.

While these systems may seem great long term for our water issues, some have been so warm that they are actually melting the snowpack. That leads to the water running back into the ocean. 

I guess beggars can't be choosers. For a weather nerd like myself, I'm fascinated with how these systems develop.  

4 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Long term forecast is showing another AR (atmospheric river) event towards the end of next week for Central California. Could also affect SoCal.

While these systems may seem great long term for our water issues, some have been so warm that they are actually melting the snowpack. That leads to the water running back into the ocean. 

I guess beggars can't be choosers. For a weather nerd like myself, I'm fascinated with how these systems develop.  

"atmospheric river" huh?

gbriverofslime4.jpg

5 hours ago, cezero said:

moron superintendent of my district putting politics ahead of safety. 

good news is that today and tomorrow really should be the last snowy/icy days of the year. 

at this rate your school year is going to end on july 16.

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 2:49 PM, Angel Dog and Beer said:

Great, thanks for the info. Really looking forward to seeing the valley, most likely will do that on Sunday.  And yeah, taking the kids to Badger on Saturday, and hopefully I can get at least a 1/2 day of riding in too. 

There is also water and debris on both the El Portal Road (Hwy 140) and Wawona Road (Hwy 41). All visitors coming to Yosemite National Park are encouraged to drive with caution. Several storm systems will be moving through Yosemite National Park over the next several days. Temporary road closures may go into effect at any time for the safety of park visitors.

For updated 24-hour road and weather conditions for Yosemite National Park, please call 209-372-0200 and press 1.
Source: NPS

5 hours ago, Gavin said:

I'm fascinated with last winter's El Nino being dry, and this winter's La Nina being wet.