• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Congratulations Congress

http://www.stripes.com/news/army-suspends-tuition-assistance-program-for-troops-1.210999

Many members of the military joined because of the educational benefits that were going to be provided to them. Now, at least for the Army and National Guard, they won't get those due to the budget cuts. Out of all the outrageous spending our government does, one of the first things they cut is soldiers education? Low, real low. How about cutting all the funding for new tanks? WE DON'T NEED THEM. Or the F-35? The F-15 outclasses 95% of the rest of the world's air forces still, and have never lost in air to air combat. And what they can't clean up, we've got the F-22. 

2 things need to happen quickly. First, Congress needs to get off their ass and agree on some budget cuts. Second, Leon Panetta and the rest of the military leadership need to figure out where the real cuts should happen.

First things first, Panetta out, Hagel in. Weapons system cuts aren't that easy because they are huge money in the states where they are produced. 

The education benefits will be back as soon as the sequester is squashed. When they finally get around to agreeing on permanent cuts, the F-35 program is going to get gutted. F-22 already has. The problem with this is that these are both Lockheed projects and Lockheed owns and operates several Republicans members of Congress in both Texas and Georgia. They are both ridiculously expensive because of the stealth technology which will become obsolete as our enemies develop other means of target acquisition besides radar. They need to get to work convincing all the other countries who were supposed to be participating on the Joint Strike Fighter that it's worth it and more cost efficient that the Eurofighter Typhoons. 

Full disclosure- Nearly every dollar I've earned in my adult life is related to the F-15. It's one of the best defense investments we've ever made. It has owned the skies for 40 years and will be around for another 20 at least.

First things first, Panetta out, Hagel in. Weapons system cuts aren't that easy because they are huge money in the states where they are produced. 

The education benefits will be back as soon as the sequester is squashed. When they finally get around to agreeing on permanent cuts, the F-35 program is going to get gutted. F-22 already has. The problem with this is that these are both Lockheed projects and Lockheed owns and operates several Republicans members of Congress in both Texas and Georgia. They are both ridiculously expensive because of the stealth technology which will become obsolete as our enemies develop other means of target acquisition besides radar. They need to get to work convincing all the other countries who were supposed to be participating on the Joint Strike Fighter that it's worth it and more cost efficient that the Eurofighter Typhoons. 

Full disclosure- Nearly every dollar I've earned in my adult life is related to the F-15. It's one of the best defense investments we've ever made. It has owned the skies for 40 years and will be around for another 20 at least.

I worked a variety of platforms in the Navy (H-60, H-46, S-3) and I've worked on F-16s and F-22s as a civilian.  The 22s are...interesting.  I'm trying to get into UCAVs now because I think those are gonna be around until well after I'm plant food.  

The F22 is a platform that we are decades from seeing its true potential. It was designed so it can continue to be upgraded as the tech comes out. The F35 is awesome because we finally have a single fighter that can be suited for mutiple roles across branches. The way North Korea is talking right now we may see both in action very soon. The military has some wasteful spending, but these 2 fighters are not it. You want to win a war before it starts, own the sky. Yes we are years ahead of everyone else, but thats not an excuse to let them play catch up.  

The thing with both the F-22 and the F-35 is, the military needs to decide (and it appears they already have, by keeping both programs going) if they want to salving some sort of ROI on both investments or scrap the programs and start over.  Since they've already funneled so much money into both of them, they'll probably keep going.  

The F22 is a platform that we are decades from seeing its true potential. It was designed so it can continue to be upgraded as the tech comes out. The F35 is awesome because we finally have a single fighter that can be suited for mutiple roles across branches. The way North Korea is talking right now we may see both in action very soon. The military has some wasteful spending, but these 2 fighters are not it. You want to win a war before it starts, own the sky. Yes we are years ahead of everyone else, but thats not an excuse to let them play catch up.  

There's no way we see the F-35 in combat for at least 5 more years. The F-22 is already in combat zones across the globe.

Did you pull this off the Lockheed website? They won't scrap either program but I can see them cutting way back on the orders. We don't have an enemy that can come close to matching our air power right now.. As much as I love airplanes that shoot down other airplanes, this is the place to save huge cash over the next 25 years.