• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

If I were the Lakers  I would not interview anyone until the Doc Rivers situation is squared away.

with the Sterling (either one of them) issue in flux -- I don't think Doc Rivers will be coaching the Clippers next season.

If LA lets this guy get away, it's a huge loss for the region..........

my list for new Lakers coach, starts and ends with Doc Rivers.......if he says NO, then the Lakers need to drop down and pick a guy who's more like number 9 on the list because Doc Rivers is choice numbers 1 through 8..........there is no runner up or even second runner up as far as I am concerned.

I wouldn't do it, nor do I think that Minnesota would settle for one pick that isn't in the top-3/4.  Other teams can make a better offer.

If the Lakers get extremely lucky and gain the #1 overall selection, they could go a couple of different directions.  One option is stay there and take whomever they covet (for sake of example..), say Joel Embiid.  They could potentially then sign Carmelo Anthony.  Anthony and Kobe gives the team unparalleled scorers and a rim protector in Embiid, who could then be brought along slowly on the offensive end.  Surround them with role players on the cheap, not that there would be any other option.

The other option would be to trade down a slot or two to someone who covets Wiggins, Parker or Randall, still select Embiid (or Dante Exum)..while picking up another selection in the first round.  Boston has two first rounders currently, #5 and #17, but Orlando and Milwaukee may desire someone like Wiggins to build and market around, and may be able to get creative to make a deal happen.  I'd be fine with either scenario.

I think it's too much dreaming to play out scenarios for having the #1 pick.

The Wolves won't trade Love before the draft. This will make the Lakers avoid picking a guy like Randle at the more likely draft position of 4,5 or 6. Kupchak will think he has a chance to land Love and won't draft a PF who looks like he could be one of the more guaranteed successful players at that point in the draft. Kupchak will also think he has Gasol in his back pocket to re-sign.

I think the only way the Lakers land Love is to do a sign and trade with Gasol and whoever we get in first round. But if Kupchak is determined to not sacrifice the future for Kobe's final 2 years than I don't see that deal happening.

I'd like Randle in the draft, then sign Lowry and fill in with role players. I think one of Nick Young or Jodie Meeks would come back in that scenario. Will that team win a title next year? No. But it will be a playoff team and won't put the team in a bad spot 2 years from now.

Edited by xboom28x

I think it's too much dreaming to play out scenarios for having the #1 pick.

I'd play out that scenario if we landed any of the top 1-3 spots and liked someone beyond those selections (Exum, Randle?).  The point is to build at multiple positions in a cost-controlled method and keeping as much payroll flexibility as possible.  If Love really wants to be in LA, it will be after this upcoming season.

I'm just hoping the Lakers get a top 4 pick.  As far as Love goes I think the only way he ends up in a Lakers uniform is if he signs here as a free agent in 2015.  The other teams he supposedly finds "intriguing" have more to offer than the Lakers.  As to the mention of Carmelo I hope he ends up anywhere but in purple and gold.    

I'm just hoping the Lakers get a top 4 pick.  As far as Love goes I think the only way he ends up in a Lakers uniform is if he signs here as a free agent in 2015.  The other teams he supposedly finds "intriguing" have more to offer than the Lakers.  As to the mention of Carmelo I hope he ends up anywhere but in purple and gold.    

Which teams and what do they have to offer?