• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Eric Stamets

Affectionately nicknamed "Peace" by his Inland Empire teammates, Stamets is the best defensive shortstop I've ever seen in person. No exaggeration.

Defensively, he's MLB-ready right now. Quick release, strong arm, great range, makes all the routine plays, great footwork, can turn two with ease. I know for a fact that he also impressed Omar Vizquel, and that speaks volumes about his defensive wizardry.

Offensively, he's a very good bunter and utilizes his plus speed. Gets a fair amount of infield hits with swinging bunts. I like his approach at the plate. I think he's capable of swiping 30+ bags and seldom getting caught. Good instincts. He can occasionally drive the ball with some authority as well. He has very good pitch recognition against lefties. I believe he'll fill out some more. Overall, with everything that he brings to the table I think Eric could be an upgrade over Erick.

Edited by Toby Ziegler