• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Reunion with Kendrys....

DMVol

So, we may not re-sign Vargas, but would potentially waste a 1st round pick (if not in bottom 10) to bring in someone who likely would not have a place here? 

Sounds like something that Dippy Dipoto would do.

first of all, I am not sure that kendry's gets a qualifier from seattle.  second, if he's traded then it won't matter.

also, we will likely get a pick from Vargas if he's let go. 

finally, how about ditching the childish nick names for everyone.   most of them are pretty lame.  

That assumes though that we offer arb to Vargas, which this org has shown is anything BUT a given.

The nicknames may be childish, and I won't totally disagree with that, but Dipoto's lack of success seemingly could easily have been duplicated by a child.   At least the moves that Arte Moreno likely didn't control  

Isn't he a FA next year? I mean I guess we could use his bat for the playoffs.

Yes, he's going to be a fa. The OP was referring to this post on mlbtr. I don't like the idea. The Angels don't need another DH.

A reunion between Kendrys Morales and the Angels would not be shocking, if the pending free agent doesn't re-sign with the Mariners, tweets the Boston Globe's Nick Cafardo. The Mariners acquired Morales, hitting .283/.339/.450 with 17 home runs in 522 plate appearances this year, from the Angels last December for left-hander Jason Vargas.

That assumes though that we offer arb to Vargas, which this org has shown is anything BUT a given.

The nicknames may be childish, and I won't totally disagree with that, but Dipoto's lack of success seemingly could easily have been duplicated by a child.   At least the moves that Arte Moreno likely didn't control  

fine, then why not express it as you just did.  and why the perseveration? 

Morales seems like a perfect target for a team like the Pirates right now.  Kind of in win-now mode and could use a little more thump in their lineup.  The M's also seem like a decent option, given they have young arms on their way up and need to get offense anywhere they can find it. 

Morales seems like a perfect target for a team like the Pirates right now.  Kind of in win-now mode and could use a little more thump in their lineup.  The M's also seem like a decent option, given they have young arms on their way up and need to get offense anywhere they can find it. 

No way Morales fell that far in the waiver process. He was probably picked up by an AL team.

Problem is that an NL team can't use him as a DH, which is where his primary value is at this point.

It isn't a bad idea, especially if you can trade Trumbo for some pitching.  I wanted the Angels to keep Morales and trade Trumbo a last year. Morales has limited options (AL).  He won't command a lengthy deal.  He is a good hitter and may be undervalued after spending the season in Seattle.  Heck, he is probably undervalued anyway.  Last three/four seasons (one was 51 games) he's posted an OPS+ over 120. 

It isn't a bad idea, especially if you can trade Trumbo for some pitching.  I wanted the Angels to keep Morales and trade Trumbo a last year. Morales has limited options (AL).  He won't command a lengthy deal.  He is a good hitter and may be undervalued after spending the season in Seattle.  Heck, he is probably undervalued anyway.  Last three/four seasons (one was 51 games) he's posted an OPS+ over 120. 

Morales could easily replicate Trumbo's production if we were to bring him back.  Maybe he wouldn't be that expensive.