• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AW fantasy football leagues

i have a question. i noticed that my team was paired against katie's team and she got points for beating me. there's a schedule for head-to-head each week it looks like. how do we gain or lose points in this format? i don't really know how it works.

i have a question. i noticed that my team was paired against katie's team and she got points for beating me. there's a schedule for head-to-head each week it looks like. how do we gain or lose points in this format? i don't really know how it works.

Tank, she got points from her players in the format but not sure she got points for beating you.  I would imagine if you are nice to her you can get a few points or a dick you lose some.  Same with all of us:).....I will pm you the scoring system.  It is 1 point ppr, so likely she got a bonus just from guys making catches....or your guys didn't do very well like mine.  

Each player you start earns/loses points based on their performance.  Below are some but not all of the scoring.

Touchdown: 6

Catch: 1 (this is called a PPR league.  Point per reception.)

Every 10 yards receiving/rushing: 1

Every 25 yards passing: 1

Every touchdown pass: 4

Fumble: -2

Interception: -2

Field goal <40 yards: 3

Field Goal > 40 yards: 4

Extra point: 1

Defense has a lot of scoring.  You start at 10 points and lose points based on points given up and also yards given up.  You will have to read the league settings to get all of the points but the four ways you can earn points on D is:

Sack: 1

Fumble Recovery: 2

Interception: 2

Touchdown: 6

For points against it is something like:

2-6: -1

7-13: -3

14-23: -5

etc.  Those numbers might not be exact.

Each week you go head to head with someone, the person with he higher points wins the matchup.

Edited by nate

It's the greatest feeling in the world to NOT watch the opening game of the NFL season, check the score to find out that Manning had 7 TD and nearly 500 yards....and then wonder who is playing against THAT team.  Check ESPN.........and it's ME!  Yeah!  (Don Pardo, tell him what he's won!)  Stevens, you're gonna be hating life when you lose this week even with your QB having a career day.

Could've been worse.  In another league I'm in, some sorry sap was facing the combo of Manning to D. Thomas.  OUCH!

Don't you just love it when you make the most ridiculous, tongue-in-cheek boast.......and then it actually comes true.  Next time I won't spot you 7 TD's and 500 yards passing either.  Ha!

On a serious note tank go on the home page of the league and on the very top left it will say "settings"  click on that and go down a tad and under "scoring" it shows how you earn points.  Last week katie had bunch of guys get a lot of receptions and scored some TD's.  You had a couple guys do the same but your running backs got you next to nothing. Click on your roster and it says "previous against Gaga" and hit that and it will show where she kicked your ass.  You actually got more points than I did last week.   Chuck likes a 1 point ppr but I don't like more than 1/2 point per catch.  Get guys who will make catches in your lineup.   Take some of the guys who are not great at running back out of your flex and try a receiver.  I got some stuff to trade that may help us both.

Real quick though it is 1 point for every 10 yards QB, receiver or back

1 point for every reception someone makes

6 points for rushing or receiving touchdown

4 points for qb throwing the touchdown

whole bunch other stuff and bonuses if the players go over a certain yardage......in other words get the best guys in there you can. 

Thanks or all the info, Kurt and Nate.

I guess I was most curious about being matched up against another team. My record is 0-1 and I had no idea this was a component of playing, so I wondered how this factored into the overall scheme of scoring. Do the standings in my division affect my overall score?

Thanks or all the info, Kurt and Nate.

I guess I was most curious about being matched up against another team. My record is 0-1 and I had no idea this was a component of playing, so I wondered how this factored into the overall scheme of scoring. Do the standings in my division affect my overall score?

Tank, it is all about getting as many points as you can but more so getting more than the team you are facing.  Were you at the draft or did it auto-pick for you?  You have 2 top QB's and 2 top 10 Tight ends with another tight end on the bench.  You need to swing some deals and upgrade your running backs. Look for who needs a QB or TE.    I have some work to do on my team also.