• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bill James' projections for the Halos big 3

Scott34

Trout: .325/.402/.564

Pujols: .305/.394/.564

Hambone: .289/.356/.540

That would be amazing.

If Trout goes on to post those numbers in a full season injury free. He'll score 140+ runs and steal almost 60 bases.

Really high expectations for trout.

I wrote a much longer post that didn't post when I walked away for a minute and my browser refreshed...

But i'll quickly re-write that these projections would end up with Trout having around 365 total bases, Pujols around 350, and Hamilton around 315 based on the playing time I estimate for each to get. 

That translates (assuming these averages) into 50 2B for Trout 10 triples for Trout and 30 HR. Considering Trout had 27,8, & 30 last year in less games, that's pretty impressive. If his ratio of doubles/triples/homeruns stayed closer to his 2012 (.383 slugging) numbers, but he played more games, he'd actually be closer to 31 2B,  10 triples, and 35 HR. I think we'll see a dramatic increase in doubles and triples in his second year and his HR may actually fall off a bit.

Pujols looks like he'll hit 52 doubles and 34 HR based on the playing time I estimated.

Hamilton looks like he too will go 35 doubles and 35 HR. Or 45 /30.

Trumbo's numbers and Bourjos numbers look a little light to me. The other three just look a little low on average….

• 2 months later...