• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Lots of Angels notes in Rosenthal's column

nate

Angels are 8th in all of baseball in runs scored. 5th in all of baseball in BA. But we need a hitting coach? I get that Pujols and Hamilton aren't performing to their level. But as a team, the Angels are quite good offensively.

They're offense is inconsistent, they will score 5 runs in the first inning sometimes then never score again.

They score 10 runs against felix, then get shut out by Joe Shmoe who had a 7+ era at single A.

They're offense is inconsistent, they will score 5 runs in the first inning sometimes then never score again.

They score 10 runs against felix, then get shut out by Joe Shmoe who had a 7+ era at single A.

Compare the rest of the teams in Major League baseball and tell me how they don't show the same inconsistencies.

We should have a wife swap type thing happen for a few weeks.

Arte can act as the manager.

Dipoto can act as the owner.

Scioscia can act as the GM.

All parties will make up when seeing things from another perspective!

Sosh was already the GM during the Reagins years. It didn't really go too well.

Your not going to replenish the farm with a trade for a manager.  Everyone would know the Angels are trying to dump Sosh so they won't offer much.  Although you could trade for him if another franchise wants to take that contract.

Storm where did I say that our entire farm system would be replenished by the trade of one manager? I simply said that we could get one or more reasonable prospects in return if we traded him. Please reread.

There is always the possibility that S-C-I-O-S-C-I-A could be traded to another team. There are some teams that would jump at the opportunity and it could help restock our farm system.

Not sure it would or could happen but maybe the team needs a new voice sending the message and maybe Mike needs to reboot his system too.

Storm where did I say that our entire farm system would be replenished by the trade of one manager? I simply said that we could get one or more reasonable prospects in return if we traded him. Please reread.

Restocking the farm does not mean "get one or more reasonable prospects."

If i am not mistaken you said, "we need to replenish the farm".  That is where my reference came in.  Trading for a manager will not get you anything worth while.  It would be like trading Blanton.  We are not going to get much in return.  

Thank you.  I didn't know I had to be specific with my terminology!

Sorry but you guys are assuming that the whole contract would simply be absorbed by the other team. If the Angels picked up some of that contract you could receive something of significance back. And my exact words were ".... it could help restock our farm system." Restock = replenish, i.e. to build back up. One prospect could do that. Many prospects could do that.

Trading Mike to the right team (and possibly eating salary) could help the Angels restock our farm system.

Sorry but you guys are assuming that the whole contract would simply be absorbed by the other team. If the Angels picked up some of that contract you could receive something of significance back. And my exact words were ".... it could help restock our farm system." Restock = replenish, i.e. to build back up. One prospect could do that. Many prospects could do that.

Trading Mike to the right team (and possibly eating salary) could help the Angels restock our farm system.

Why would any team trade anything of significance to the Angels for Sosh if they can just wait until he gets canned in the offseason?

He won't get canned.  He might resign for a price, but the Angels can always move him to a different position.

A team can ensure they are going to get Sosh (if they want) by trading for him.  I'm not saying they will, just that it isn't out of the realm of possibility.

My guess for what a Trout mega-contract would look like:

base contract: 10 years, $200M

2014 (22, pre-arb): $2M

2015 (23, arb 1): $12M

2016 (24, arb 2): $16M

2017 (25, arb 3): $20M

2018 (26, FA): $25M

2019 (27, FA): $25M

2020 (28, FA): $25M

2021 (29, FA): $25M

2022 (30, FA): $30M

2023 (31, FA): $30M

+$2M for MVP

Or something like that. Maybe Trout doesn't want to go 10 years, but 8 instead, so that he can hit free agency at 30 and get a second mega-contract. Then you're looking at 8/$150M.