• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Move Trumbo back to 3b

NrM

This might sound crazy, but **** it.

He never had a real shot at 3b.

The season is over anyways.

Let him learn and make his mistakes this year. 

Trumbo would be a whole lot more valuable at 3b than he is as a 1b/DH

I know I'm going to take a lot of shit for this, but I think it makes some sense.

If Pablo Sandoval and Miguel Cabrera can play 3b, I'm sure trumbo can.

I know I'm going to take a lot of shit for this, but I think it makes some sense.

How valuable is he going to be after taking all those batted balls to the face, chest, knees, nads....  I understand he's had some slumps but that's to reason to wish physical harm on the guy.

JD said it wouldn't happen and honestly he didn't look like he could do it last season.

He looks pretty bad at 1b this year so moving to 3b could be brutal.

Wish he could play 3b cause that would answer a lot of questions but I don't blame Scioscia for not wanting to put him there.

He can't make the plays at first base, what makes you think he can make any of the hard hit balls at third base? You guys are just not seeing the Trumbo for the defensive player he is.

He would have at least fallen down and prevented the run from scoring.

The idiot Field should have at least gotten in front of the ball.

Did someone really compare Trumbo to Cabrera and Pujols?

Trumbo isn't 1/3 the hitter either of those guys are. His defense there may equal theirs but his bat doesn't make the cost of the defense worth it. Cabrera gets out 60% of the time, Pujols 59% of the time, Trumbo 70% of the time (Career numbers).

What do the Angels have to lose by trying him out at 3b for the rest of the season?

I liked the idea last year and wished Sosh would have given him more of a chance at it, so I'm on board with this. The more games he can play there now, the more comfortable he'll get for next year. And at this point there is absolutely nothing more to lose.

Quick trivia for all of you - name the third baseman for Weavers no-no last year.

Yep.

If Pablo Sandoval and Miguel Cabrera can play 3b, I'm sure trumbo can.

I would like to see them try this.  Your right, we are losing anyway, and Trumbo really had no fair shot to learn the position.  Why not try it????