• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A-Rod gets second opinion from steroid doctor

mp170.6

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rodriguez-reports-yanks-minor-league-153447551--mlb.html

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) -- A doctor retained by Alex Rodriguez for a second opinion - one that contradicted the New York Yankees' diagnosis of his leg injury Wednesday - was reprimanded this year by New Jersey's board of medical examiners over steroid prescriptions.

What a complete assclown.  Doesn't A-Rod have lawyers to check these things out ahead of time?

I am not the smartest man on earth, but don't you know if you have a quad injury simply by whether or not you can walk, run, jump, and stretch? Does it really take an MD to tell you that?

@Buster_ESPN: Mike Lupica is exactly right: If Alex Rodriguez has an issue with the Yankees, he can and should file a grievance. http://t.co/seVnqrTesW

The Doctor was reprimanded for allowing someone without a Medical license to treat and prescribe patients with steroids.  Don't think that is what you were trying to go for however.

The point I was driving at is that A-Rod went to another anti-aging clinic for a second opinion, and it just so happens to be a place where steroids have been recklessly prescribed in the past. 

The point I was driving at is that A-Rod went to another anti-aging clinic for a second opinion, and it just so happens to be a place where steroids have been recklessly prescribed in the past. 

Recklessly is highly inaccurate from all I have read

The said doctor prescribed steroids in situations where it was beneficial to the patient. That isnt reckless. He was not seeing professional athletes according to reports. Could he possibly be exposed at some point? Sure but as of now saying that he recklessly prescribed steriods is dishonest and highly inaccurate from all I have read. 

With all that said, ARod should have never asked for a second opinion. Sounds like a player who wants to get on the field before it is taken from his for good.

I'd like to know why A-Rod went to an anti-aging doctor for a second opinion on his leg. 

He could see the best orthopedist in the whole world if he wanted to.  Fly him in on a private jet if necessary.  But no, he goes to some quack in Jersey to be evaluated. 

I'd say it's reckless to allow someone who is not a doctor to treat and prescribe steroids to patients whether or not they were athletes or "needed" the steroids. 

Where did you read that his "consultant" prescribed anything to any patient?

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/new-york-yankees-alex-rodriguez-doctor-reprimanded-for-steroid-prescriptions

''The board ordered and Dr. Gross agreed to be formally reprimand(ed) for permitting an individual who had completed medical school but did not have a medical license to participate in the care and treatment of patients at the center and failing to adequately ensure proper patient treatment involving the prescribing of hormones including steroids at the center,'' according to the disciplinary summary on the New Jersey Attorney General's division of consumer affairs website.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/new-york-yankees-alex-rodriguez-doctor-reprimanded-for-steroid-prescriptions

''The board ordered and Dr. Gross agreed to be formally reprimand(ed) for permitting an individual who had completed medical school but did not have a medical license to participate in the care and treatment of patients at the center and failing to adequately ensure proper patient treatment involving the prescribing of hormones including steroids at the center,'' according to the disciplinary summary on the New Jersey Attorney General's division of consumer affairs website.

Intersting. That is the first time I have seen that. Other articles were much more cryptic. I could continue to go and back and forth but ultimately we all agree that ARod is an idiot, which we already knew.

I'd like to know why A-Rod went to an anti-aging doctor for a second opinion on his leg. 

He could see the best orthopedist in the whole world if he wanted to.  Fly him in on a private jet if necessary.  But no, he goes to some quack in Jersey to be evaluated. 

Dr Gross did not treat ARod in person. Instead they spoke on the phone while ARod sent him an image. He then asked Arod if he felt OK and of course ARod said he felt no pain.  Therefore his conclusion is that ARod is not injured. Plus ARod sent him a large sum of $$ to say this on the radio.

At least now he can be fined for seeking another opinion without getting permission from the Yankees. That is written in the MLB Players agreement.

Knowing how MLB works the fine will be $1000 or less ... which for a guy making $25 million that equates to about 3 cents to the average middle class worker. 

Why is A-Rod in such a hurry to return?

He's never been so anxious to return from the DL in the past.  I don't think any players puts up this big of a temper tantrum. 

Because he wants to stick it to Cashman. This is a battle of 2 egos and ARod wins when he plays one more game in pinstripes.