• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Down the drain we go

ghoetke

1.The worst clutch hitting team in MLB, I would bet.

2. The most unproductive and inefficient lineup of high priced players in MLB, I would bet.

3.The worst farm system in baseball, I would bet.

4. The worst manager and coaching staff in MLB, I would bet.

I ran out of time.

you would be correct, and it's not close. There is actaully a stat which measures clutchness:  Individual list, Team list

You can still buy a cup of beer for $4.50 at the stadium.

That's no small thing for a guy on a budget like myself.

This thursday I'll be watching the Bees (including, unfortunately, Kole Calhoun) from a $4 general admission seat while enjoying $1 beers  B)

That explains it. Didn't think you'd be able to get a beer in SLC. Might even have problems with caffeinated soda.

A perfect way to spend a spring or summer evening: head with family or friends to the Sprint Mobile Ballpark (formerly Franklin Covey Field) and catch a Salt Lake Bees Game. This minor league baseball team starts its playing season in April, and often has multiple home games a week. Check out "Thirsty Thursdays" where beer is half-price. If you're not into beer, a standard array of concessions are available, from pizza to hotdogs, icecream to cotton candy. 

http://www.nileguide.com/destination/salt-lake-city/things-to-do/salt-lake-bees-baseball/499158

"One thing that we were completely ignorant of before our Utah trip:  Salt Lake City is a beer town.  With at least six breweries there is no shortage of local beer and luckily this extends to Spring Mobile Ballpark.  Here you will find local beers from Squatters and Uinta.  Just like Asheville, NC we wish that they could include flavors from all the local breweries but we also understand how difficult this could be."  

http://www.ballparksandbrews.com/tag/salt-lake-bees/

2. The most unproductive and inefficient lineup of high priced players in MLB, I would bet.

3.The worst farm system in baseball, I would bet.

4. The worst manager and coaching staff in MLB, I would bet.

I ran out of time.

5-for-58 since the Seattle series with RISP.

Oh, and the only bright spots in the upper levels of our farm are stuck there while up here we get to marvel at the skills of Hawpe and Cowgill.

I think we might suck.

Jayson Stark wrote this today, pretty damning for JDP...

"But other teams say the Brewers have other forces at work. In Lohse's case, they surrendered a first-round pick for signing him, and clubs they've spoken to say they believe the team has factored that into its price tag. And past history also may be an element in their asking price on Gallardo and K-Rod.

"One of the problems with dealing with Milwaukee," said an AL exec, "is that [their] trade for Segura last year was so one-sided that they want another tilted deal. Not going to happen."

I no longer would object if Dipoto is relieved of duties after the year. The Greinke trade was simply terrible in the decision-making process. I said so at the time. So was the potential trade for Marmol.

To be fair I had no issue with the Blanton or Hamilton deals. I liked the Hamilton deal. However, I was merely looking at his numbers without understand the make-up of the man. If I had known he had zero passion for the game, zero drive to really pursue hitting like a motivated person would go after a PhD in hitting and not understand the importance of adjustments and plate discipline I never would have liked signing him for more than 2 years.

I no longer would object if Dipoto is relieved of duties after the year. The Greinke trade was simply terrible in the decision-making process. I said so at the time. So was the potential trade for Marmol.

To be fair I had no issue with the Blanton or Hamilton deals. I liked the Hamilton deal. However, I was merely looking at his numbers without understand the make-up of the man. If I had known he had zero passion for the game, zero drive to really pursue hitting like a motivated person would go after a PhD in hitting and not understand the importance of adjustments and plate discipline I never would have liked signing him for more than 2 years.

I like Dipoto, a lot, so I am torn on this....It's a tough call because you don't know how much of this is really his doing.  I guess I subscribe to the theory that Hamilton and Pujols were largely Arte generated and I tend to give him a pass there.  On Greinke, I think that came from the pressure on a "built to win now" type of club....the Braves made a similiar really bad deadline deal for Tex in 2007 (as opposed to our good deal in 08) but they recovered because of a deep farm system....

I would assume that the Blanton deal was all DiPoto and you just can't run from that...Chatwood for Ianetta looks pretty bad now also...Letting Santana and Hunter go looks pretty bad also...Letting Haren go was a good call but that was a pretty easy call--Haren's stuff was subpar....Hanson for Walden?  To be determined, not sure yet....Madsen, Burnett--I guess you can't predict injuries but you have to wonder if there were red flags there...I do still like Kendrys for Vargas....we needed starting pitching more than a bat....

So, probably more bad than good and I hate it because I like DiPoto....

Letting Hunter go really stung, especially after Moreno said he had to re-sign him or he'd be in a lot of trouble with the fans. It also was a key event leading up to the signing of Hamilton. We could have had an AllStar right fielder at a discounted rate and instead are stuck with an overpaid head case who creates nothing more than a hole in the lineup.

wait so mike trout is the least clutch player in baseball? I guess hitting with RISP doesn't matter much..

Really shocked...

Yeah I don't get it. He certainly hasn't come up with some huge hits but he's absolutely not the least clutch player in baseball. Hamilton has been far worse than Trout in big situations.

Yeah I don't get it. He certainly hasn't come up with some huge hits but he's absolutely not the least clutch player in baseball. Hamilton has been far worse than Trout in big situations.

wRC+ (basically a comprehensive offensive stat considering park factor, 100 is an average MLB player) 

Trout:

Low Leverage: 196

Med. Leverage: 161

High Leverage: 67

Hamilton:

Low: 105

Med: 67

High: 100

Hamilton is near or average in all situations. Trout is out of this world good in low and medium leverage, and terrible when the pressure is on.

The clutch stat simply means a player does comparatively worse in high pressure spots compared to how that same player performs normally.