• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kendrick and Aybar

Glen

Aybar was, is, and always will be a spastic turnip-head that plays a decent defensive shortshop, has zero plate discipline, moderate speed, decent pop, and will dazzle you and frustrate in the same inning.  I hope in the next few years someone from the minors emerges and we can trade his affordable contract for something...anything

Kendrick will continue to frustrate with his potential but, like someone already said, it's been years...he's not changing.  Just like in first inning, with Dedano struggling, even after Poo-holes shitty AB, I knew he swing at  the first pitch...it's who he is, he can't help it.  He's better than Aybar and most 2B in the league so, at $8 mil per season, I'll suffer the stupid he brings along with the hot streaks.

All of this wouldn't be necessary if Poo-holes, Hamilton, and Trumbo didn't take a giant dump on this season.  They are playing so bad that Kendrick, a .800-ish OPS 2B is batting clean-up, a role he melts in.  

They aren't the only problem. Whenever we get men in scoring position, guys start trying to be the hero and swinging at junk. It's every player. It's a philosophy thing. Something needs to change in this organization

I'd imagine it is difficult to change a player from a hacker into a discplined hitter.  Howie Kendrick, Erick Aybar, and Mike Trout probably all showed their personality at the plate long ago.  

I agree that the Angels need to develop and acquire more disciplined hitters.  I think they are doing that.  It takes time.   

I don't blame Aybar and Kendrick for being hackers... and it is difficult to field a lineup with nine disciplined hitters.  They are good players.