• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

JD rotation vs. My rotation

Obviously I love Weaver and I was actually a big fan of the CJ Wilson deal. After those two JD and I wanted a different rotation. 

After our horrible start last year we had a nice comeback and just missed out despite having a better record than the Tigers. I constantly kept posting we should keep Santana/Haren for their one year options and pick up Joe Saunders on the cheap for the 5th spot. While the season has some time left I'm wanted to see how our different rotations  look.

Vargas, Hanson, and Blanton 12-18, 251 innings, 188 k, 4.76 era, 1.48 whip

Santana, Haren, and Saunders 17-24, 330 2/3 innings, 240k, 4.30 era, 1.29 whip

While the W-L record is pretty irrelevant to me, the amount of innings and whip difference is pretty shocking. I'll give a pass on Vargas's injury but is anyone actually shocked Hanson landed on the DL? 

JD.......it is not OK that you ruined this season with your crappy rotation and a wannabee fantasy GM like me can do your job better.

BTW my rotation would also add Walden to the pen, Morales to the bench, and free up tons of cash in the offseason.

I highly doubt Saunders and Santana put up their numbers this season in Angels unis. Santana is a mental midget and Saunders seems to only be able to pitch well at Safeco. I still think Hanson can redeem himself. He had a rough go around with personal and physical problems this season. Lets see how he comes around in the 2nd half.

I highly doubt Saunders and Santana put up their numbers this season in Angels unis. Santana is a mental midget and Saunders seems to only be able to pitch well at Safeco. I still think Hanson can redeem himself. He had a rough go around with personal and physical problems this season. Lets see how he comes around in the 2nd half.

Do you like grape or cherry? (kool-aide) 

Then I await you to realize our GM sucks. Hanson is a wreck just like last year. Santana is doing what he did in 2011 and second half of last year. Our bullpen sucked so we traded our all star closer. Pujols is hobbling around on one foot and we traded our 1b. Wells is outperforming Hamilton. etc etc etc I really believe a baseball fan could do better. 

Saunders is a left-handed Jon Garland. 

Then I await you to realize our GM sucks. Hanson is a wreck just like last year. Santana is doing what he did in 2011 and second half of last year. Our bullpen sucked so we traded our all star closer. Pujols is hobbling around on one foot and we traded our 1b. Wells is outperforming Hamilton. etc etc etc I really believe a baseball fan could do better. 

Santana was 5-4 4.34 ERA 1.13 WHIP and gave up 19 HR in 13 starts in the 2nd half of last season so "meh"

Walden was pretty average in 2012 and was fighting to be considered a 7th inning option before he was traded

Pujols is your 1B...they traded a DH when they had a lot of 1B/DH options for a solid back of the rotation starter

Wells: .238/.276/.647

Hamilton: .224/.283/.696

1. This isn't hindsight I said it here during the offseason. I don't know if we can access posts in the old format or not. Sigh. I don't get kicks by being a Monday morning quarterback. I'll state what I think, sometimes I'm wrong and sometimes I'm right. If I just made crap up I sure as hell wouldn't be telling everyone i thought Haren was going to have a nice comeback year.

2. The money argument doesn't hold. Are you factoring in the money we had to pay Haren/Santana to go away and the 15 mil to Blanton? 

3. I stated W/L isn't a good indicator so read before you comment. 

4. Lots of us wanted to keep Santana. Just not the crazy lynch mob fans here. I swear here some are up on HK's jock one night and hate him the next.

5. Mulwin you make some valid points. However can you understand the irony of comparing Wells/Hamilton is that we are basically paying 80 mill for both of them? 

6. This Franchise is a beyond a mess. Two terrible GM hires in a row. Call me a liar I don't care. It was pretty plain to me how bad this rotation would be yet it surprises those who are professionals. Whatever. 

It depends on who you are comparing...If the choice is 1 year of Santana at $13.5 mil or two of Blanton at $15 mil, no question on Santana but i would have preferred neither.

That is fair. At the time my thought was. Hmmmm 13.5mil is a lot for Santana but it's only one year if he sucks. I am a little weary shipping him off he had some damn good years here. I guess I'll wait to see who replaces him if it's Greinke I get it. Blanton WTF? 

Saunders pitched well in Anaheim earlier in the season and he pitched well as an Angel in Anaheim!

This team would have been just as bad while having much more money tied up in the rotation.

People forget that Vargas, Hanson and Blanton combined are much cheaper than Ervin/Haren

They are not when you factor the buy out for Haren and the 1 mil we shipped off to KC.

So to be clear, your idea was to stand pat on reasons 1 and 1A why they didn't make the playoffs last year and add Joe Saunders? And you feel that to be gloatworthy?

I would have stood pat with Santana/ Haren/ Hunter, got Saunders, and beefed up the Bullpen. Instead we downgraded the rotation, traded one of our young/cheap best relief pitchers, and thought Hamilton would make the difference. 

I just simply disdain all of JD moves.