• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dominoes falling...

Hubs

From that point of view, yes. On the other hand, with Teixeira maybe the Angels would've had another title. What do you value more?

I prefer to have the best in the generation player and the first hall of fame player to come out of the ball club in its history.

And I am confident he will win at least one world series if not more in his career with the Angels

From that point of view, yes. On the other hand, with Teixeira maybe the Angels would've had another title. What do you value more?

Outside of his first year with the Yankees, Teixeira has been a low to mid .800 OPS guy (i.e. Mark Trumbo with a better glove) and continues to decline.  And in that one good year he had, we had Morales who put up similar numbers.  So I fail to see how he would've made a difference.  

Outside of his first year with the Yankees, Teixeira has been a low to mid .800 OPS guy (i.e. Mark Trumbo with a better glove) and continues to decline.  And in that one good year he had, we had Morales who put up similar numbers.  So I fail to see how he would've made a difference.  

To be fair that team with Teixeira was the best team Angels ever had.

They just got unlucky and didn't execute at a crucial situation /cough cough Aybar.

To be fair that team with Teixeira was the best team Angels ever had.

They just got unlucky and didn't execute at a crucial situation /cough cough Aybar.

Oh I agree Teixeira was a huge upgrade in the last part of the season he spent with us.  I just can't imagine why anyone would lament not locking him up long term given we've had equal production every year at first and he gave us the opportunity to draft Trout.

To me the domino to start it all off was letting Texas get beltre...angels thought they were only team in market for him and would not increase offer....Texas swoops in even though they had young already. We get him....we don't make first disaster in toronto with wells....I mean to only get back like 10million on that contract? Dumbest gm move ever. I was always hopeful with wells...but never happened.

Grienke trade? Was fine. Segura was blocked...just hurts to see so many that were in the angel system kickass else where....dodgers getting that TV deal kinda blew some things out with the six or seven billion it is?

He might have taken a 100million....he turned that down with brewers, but possible with angels....I think big problem is how you pay him so much when Weaver signed a team friendly deal

So with Beltre.....no money wasted on wells, probably no need for puljols signing

Teixeira leaving gave us the draft pick that wound up being Mike Trout so yes it was great that the Angels didn't sign him.

We still would've drafted Trout. He was second on the Angels list behind Strasburg. The only reason Grichuk was drafted before him was for signing purposes

Hind sight is 20/20.  I can't remember anyone blinking when the Angels traded Segura and the majority of people here didn't want Beltre as they thought he only hit well in contract seasons and thought he was underwhelming in Seattle.  Again, hind sight is 20/20. 

On the other hand - I can't remember anyone jumping for joy at the Joe Blanton signing.  That one will never make sense.

Oh I agree Teixeira was a huge upgrade in the last part of the season he spent with us.  I just can't imagine why anyone would lament not locking him up long term given we've had equal production every year at first and he gave us the opportunity to draft Trout.

There would always be a spot for Teixeira in the lineup, whether it is at DH or whatever. Angels biggest problem was that the offense was anemic and Teixeira would have fixed that. It would've also meant no Pujols. I am not complaining that the Angels didn't sign him as much as pointing out that signing him would not have been a bad thing and might've pushed the team into contention unlike, say, the Pujols signing which hasn't helped at all.

We still would've drafted Trout. He was second on the Angels list behind Strasburg. The only reason Grichuk was drafted before him was for signing purposes

Grichuk is still a nice addition for trading Teixeira, not to mention the $185 million saved by not signing a guy who appears to be in the latter stages of the productive part of his career over the past 2 seasons with the Skanks.

As for Beltre, maybe he's just one of those guys who plays better in a contending environment.

He rarely did so for Seattle from 2005-2009.    He took off again for the Red Sux in 2010, and hasn't looked back since then.

He usually had solid road numbers for the M's though, and that's why he was appealing to sign. 

There would always be a spot for Teixeira in the lineup, whether it is at DH or whatever. Angels biggest problem was that the offense was anemic and Teixeira would have fixed that. It would've also meant no Pujols. I am not complaining that the Angels didn't sign him as much as pointing out that signing him would not have been a bad thing and might've pushed the team into contention unlike, say, the Pujols signing which hasn't helped at all.

Teixeira never had any intention of signing with the Angels. Period. End of story.