• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Trout to have Knee Surgery

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG can someone sacrific a goat "not really", dance around a fire in your underware in the rain, something to get us out this votex of suckatude. We are sure the team with a black cloud following us around. Did Arte sell his soul to the devil and now the team needs to pay up. sure seems any breaks we get anymore is eitther fools gold at best or a bad one.

3 hours ago, Chitown27Fan said:

OMG can someone sacrific a goat "not really", dance around a fire in your underware in the rain, something to get us out this votex of suckatude. We are sure the team with a black cloud following us around. Did Arte sell his soul to the devil and now the team needs to pay up. sure seems any breaks we get anymore is eitther fools gold at best or a bad one.

My brother is convinced that the stadium was built over an ancient Indian (sorry, indigenous peoples) burial ground, but I thought that was debunked.

Whatever the cause, it is odd how many bad things have happened to this team.

Just now, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Anyone ready yet for trading away assets for strong prospects and do a true rebuild?

Obviously, it's not up to us.

Quite honestly, they need to do more than just trade assets and acquire prospects.  The whole organization needs an overhaul from top to bottom.  That is only likely to happen with a change in ownership.  And where that goes is anyone's guess.

6 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

My brother is convinced that the stadium was built over an ancient Indian (sorry, indigenous peoples) burial ground, but I thought that was debunked.

Whatever the cause, it is odd how many bad things have happened to this team.

I dont think it was proven false but also never verified. Would seem an odd location.

Great uncle had a farm (alfalfa) and raised sheep on the land that is currently the defunct train station and part of the parking lot. I blame the sheep personally. 

He moved to the central valley and eventually sold that land to Sunkist. 

5 questions in the wake of Trout’s latest injury:

"Trout is one of the greatest baseball players any of us have ever seen. But the problem is that we don’t get to see him nearly often enough. In the wake of this latest setback, here are five questions that arise about Trout: About his future, his legacy, his team and how we’ll talk about him for the years to come."

https://www.mlb.com/news/mike-trout-s-legacy-after-knee-injury

13 hours ago, Chitown27Fan said:

I think the GOAT has already been sacrificed sadly.

1 hour ago, larueskee said:

A few years ago I mentioned the same issues about Trout's greatness being overrated. He should have never won 3 MVPs based on his lack of any post season resume. Enjoy the story. Mike Trout's injuries are carving into Hall of Fame legacy: Where Angels slugger stacks up against greats (msn.com)

One big issue with that: MVP is voted on at the end of the regular season, and not the end of the post-season.

Posted (edited)

Trout has become Mantle circa mid 1960’s, minus the alcoholism.

Doubtful that he ever plays even 130 games again in a season?

600 HRs seems out of the question now.   Best case is probably somewhere between 500-525 HRs?

Edited by Angel Oracle

3 hours ago, larueskee said:

He should have never won 3 MVPs based on his lack of any post season resume.

you know they vote based on how he plays during the season, not the post season, right? and the voting ends when the regular season ends. thus, the playoffs don't factor into the discussion.

13 hours ago, larueskee said:

A few years ago I mentioned the same issues about Trout's greatness being overrated. He should have never won 3 MVPs based on his lack of any post season resume. Enjoy the story. Mike Trout's injuries are carving into Hall of Fame legacy: Where Angels slugger stacks up against greats (msn.com)

Then a few years ago you were incredibly dumb.