• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Trout to have Knee Surgery

11 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

In retrospect, maybe it wasn't such a good idea to green light Trout steal those bases and risk injury.    The staff playing with fire regarding their #1 asset.

Trout was getting hurt when he wasn’t stealing bags too.  

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Are we sure the steals actually led to this injury? 

It was likely either:

1. The steals / base-running

2. The at-bats

3. The outfielding

Obvious conclusion from Swordsman is we have Trout do none of those things, so we can keep him healthy.

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

Of course not.  Swordsman is just talking out of his ass.

Thought I saw it somewhere else in the thread but maybe I’m imagining.

Yes in theory it could’ve happened at any time, but I’m giving trout the benefit of the doubt that 7 sprints of less than 90 feet isn’t what caused this. 

15 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Of course not.  Swordsman is just talking out of his ass.

100% he has brain damage. Like Gallagher mistook his head for a watermelon kind of brain damage. Possibly the testing of if a spoon of paint is harmful in the place of a morning vitamin. Hard to tell. 

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

And he’s 6 for 7 with 3 walks and 4 k’s. 

Damn it. I was in the wrong thread!

2 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

Couldn't even get through April before we lose $700,000,000 + of payroll for the season.

The wheels have officially fallen off the wagon.

700 million?

You mean 70 million, right?

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

LOL..  Good lord man, he wrote that tripe at a time when Troy Glaus was still playing for the Angels.  It's pretty fair to say that the more teams employed it the more everyone saw how impactful it was, so much so in fact that MLB implemented rules to limit it.  

Anyway someone at FG or BBP looked at the numbers somewhere around 2020 and came to the conclusion that he'd been dinged more than any other RHB in MLB, if I cared enough about the topic I'd find it for you but I'm okay with you sticking to what Neyer said in the early 2000s.. Anyway IMO it was pretty obvious watching him play the shift was murdering him.  As his bat speed slowed he became more and more prone to trying to cheat on his swings and became even more pull happy.

Side note, I can't recall anything Rob Neyer said that was remotely insightful after 2001 or so.  He did some great stuff while he was working under Bill James and at STATS INC, but his stuff at ESPN was pretty banal -- I think that had more to do with the nature of the position there than anything else, but it was pretty disappointing as he had been one of my favorites. I have been told his book Power Ball was really good but haven't checked it out yet, have you looked at it al all?  It would be nice to see that he returned to the sort of writing he did at STATS INC.

Haven't seen that book or read Neyer since the 90s. But...I think he had a point about stubbornness and stupidity playing a factor. So yes, the shift was murdering him because of his pride, not because it was insurmountable.