• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (4/28/24): Twins @ Angels: Detmers on the mound, Trout @ DH, still no Sano

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

This doesn't make sense. It's his first call up and you know he had a lot of nerves coming into it so he gets a pass for sure. He didn't even pitch that bad as his defense messed it up for him. 

he got lucky and got out of a jam...but there isn't anything there to be excited about ! no sharp pitches or much velocity ! glad he did get out of the jam and I feel bad for him in his real life so I wish him success !

5 minutes ago, Rollinghard said:

Hicks is a perfect example of poor judgement. Who really thought he had any value. Fire that guy first because he has zero talent when it comes to evaluating players value.

“Arte”signed Hicks and is playing him daily as a favor for Tiger Woods. In fact, Uncle Tiger is paying Hicks’ salary directly so Hicks’s can qualify for MLB Service Time and pension. “Arte” is getting a free baseball player.

16 minutes ago, No Roles said:

he got lucky and got out of a jam...but there isn't anything there to be excited about ! no sharp pitches or much velocity ! glad he did get out of the jam and I feel bad for him in his real life so I wish him success !

You can't make a judgement like that based on someone's first ML appearance. 

49 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

That won't work for the season ticket holders and fans that have already purchased tickets, fans of other teams, etc.

But otherwise, excellent suggestion.

Sure, teams like Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, Cubs, Mets, Giants.  But how many of today's 39,000 were Twins fans?  I doubt very many.  And anybody who actually bought an advanced ticket to see a Sunday afternoon game against the Twins, is a bit of a moron.  You could probably get one for less than 25% of face value on the resale market.  And that's because SSH would rather talk a giant hit, than waste their time driving to the stadium, paying for parking and concessions, when they can watch the Angels get destroyed from the comfort of their couch.

I wonder how many of the Season Seat Holders have had their seats for 20+ years.  The fear of losing that seniority is a strong motivator to keep their plan in place.  Anyone else is showing real dedication to the franchise, it's ownership, management, and players..  I mean, really, what NEW Season Seat Holders are they getting?  Are there people out there actually willing to spend Thousands of $$$$$ to see this team play 81 games in person?

Just now, Mark68 said:

Does anybody on here REALLY think it actually matters who the GM is? We've had, what, 4-5 GMs in the last decade or so? And this team has continued its downward spiral. 

What is the common denominator?

I don't think Minasian has been particularly effective, but honestly, I just picked that picture because he looks kinda frustrated and annoyed in it...

Jeez...even watching the condensed game was painful.

Seems way too often that Neto falls behind in the count, and it ends in a strikeout.

Adell is still for the most part seeing the ball well. Yeah we had some homers, but I don't expect Schanuels to be a spark that sets him straight.

But goddamn every time we score some runs, pitching gives up walks and immediately gives it right back the next inning, and THAT is frustrating. Takes the wind out of the sails for the offense, that's for sure.

2 hours ago, SoCalDucksFan said:

Sure, teams like Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, Cubs, Mets, Giants.  But how many of today's 39,000 were Twins fans?  I doubt very many.  And anybody who actually bought an advanced ticket to see a Sunday afternoon game against the Twins, is a bit of a moron.  You could probably get one for less than 25% of face value on the resale market.  And that's because SSH would rather talk a giant hit, than waste their time driving to the stadium, paying for parking and concessions, when they can watch the Angels get destroyed from the comfort of their couch.

I wonder how many of the Season Seat Holders have had their seats for 20+ years.  The fear of losing that seniority is a strong motivator to keep their plan in place.  Anyone else is showing real dedication to the franchise, it's ownership, management, and players..  I mean, really, what NEW Season Seat Holders are they getting?  Are there people out there actually willing to spend Thousands of $$$$$ to see this team play 81 games in person?

To be honest, I’m in the 20+ season seat holder club, but Sundays are Little League days at the stadium.  The Angels sell discounted seats to about 10,000 little league kids, coaches, and their family and friends which explains a lot about attendance.

Twins fans?  Not many.  New Angels season seat holders?  Not many either, at least in our section.  And in all honesty, I split with a buddy from work which is only 40 games or so.  It gets harder and harder to attend every year.  Mostly I go because I’m retired now, and I enjoy watching baseball, not really shitty baseball.  This will probably be my last year.  I’m tired of investing in a shitty product anymore.

My grandkids love it though 

17 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

To be honest, I’m in the 20+ season seat holder club, but Sundays are Little League days at the stadium.  The Angels sell discounted seats to about 10,000 little league kids, coaches, and their family and friends which explains a lot about attendance.

Twins fans?  Not many.  New Angels season seat holders?  Not many either, at least in our section.  And in all honesty, I split with a buddy from work which is only 40 games or so.  It gets harder and harder to attend every year.  Mostly I go because I’m retired now, and I enjoy watching baseball, not really shitty baseball.  This will probably be my last year.  I’m tired of investing in a shitty product anymore.

My grandkids love it though 

If your grandkids love that is why u go. Kids will remember for years to come when they take their kids. Win or lose some of best times I've had has been at the ballpark.

26 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

If your grandkids love that is why u go. Kids will remember for years to come when they take their kids. Win or lose some of best times I've had has been at the ballpark.

This is what it’s all about @Angels 1961You are right.  The best of times, but also a lot of shitty times also as a fan.

The kids don’t care.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

IMG_6691.jpeg

Edited by PattyD22